1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i right to be pissed?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Sep 18, 2008.

1. hoping

OK so this guy i like, who i have wrote about on here before and we were texting while he was at work today and and he said '' im thinking about my hot Ryan(me)'' and i said back '' Oh so im yours now am i"' and he wrote back '' that is the sillest thing i have ever heard, you should really think before you type '' and im like what the fuck and then he sent this other one saying that what i was saying was ridiculous and i didnt reply to that and that was a little over 3 hours ago and i havent messaged him or anything and im just sick of people who cause shit, what should i do?

2. Yeah, you are right to be pissed in my opinion. I don't think you were out of order or being rediculous, i think that if he didn't want or expect a reply like the one you gave, he shouldn't have sent that text.

Maybe i'm just seeing one side of the story, but if i was you, i'd be pretty pissed off at being treat like that too.

3. Louise

Whoa, whoa whoa, don't get carried away! There is nothing worse than misinterpreting text messages for causing arguments.

The first thing to do is call him up and talk to him. Did he take your message seriously and feel offended? Was the message he sent you destined for someone else (yes it does happen sometimes), was he being ironical? The only way is to actually talk to him before getting all upset over it.

4. hoping

He sent me this message about an hour and a half ago it said '' Hey sweetness. just saying goodnight and sleep like a gorgeous guy.also a good night if your staying up,
    hope your special day was good, i have a special something for you when we are together, you will know what it is( i have no idea) im in bed now, in the city on a job tomorrow till the night, ta my Ryan ciao xxxxxxx''
    I just really do not know what to make of this, he says we arent in a relationship yet and yet he calls me his ryan i mean god what am i supposed to think?

I didnt reply to this message btw, i didnt really know what to say.

IM thinking about just taking till saturday night till i talk to him again so i can just think.

5. ausdtc

It looks like he has no idea that he upset you, this is a good thing, it probably wasn't intentional. As Louise said basically, text messages lose quite a bit of information that you'd get from a verbal conversation, and can be easily misunderstood. It's like playing chinese whispers sometimes. I've had that issue on *many* occasions with a woman I work with.

Regarding the last message he sent you, he likes you! Please, call him, get this sorted out ASAP! If I were him and didn't get a reply to a message like that I'd be very very confused.

Hopefully chat with you sometime soon :slight_smile:

6. Louise

It sounds to me like the message before last was destined for someone else. Get on the phone and talk to him, you are not going to get any sleep while you are in this state anyway so you might as well clear the air now.

Ausdtc is right Ryan doesn't realise he has upset you, he really likes you, you know he does, don't let this silly misunderstanding get in the way of what could be a really great friendship.

Again your interpretation of him calling you 'his' is not necessarily the way he intended, maybe it is just in a light hearted jokey way and not in the possesive way you have taken it. You really do need to talk to him to find out.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It sounds to me like you need to have a talk with him to clarify exactly where you are in your relationship. Get things cleared up. If he wants to be a couple (and you also want it too), then it needs to be said outloud and face to face. Not via text messages!

8. Beth

i'm a bitter one over ppl sendin txts like that then playin the WTF ARE U DOIN! card when u give them a response that they were blatantly pushin for
    so yeh,be pissed

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two generic pieces of advice.

* Don't get "flirty" via text message. Flirting is great, if the person is right there. If he can see your reaction, see your body language, see your facial expression, and can ask questions immediately. Via text, it tends to be really really clumsy.

* It sounds like he's sending you some fun private messages. Maybe you should keep them private. :slight_smile: If you have a question about them, don't ask us - ask him.

Lex

10. Jim1454

Re-read what you wrote back...

Maybe he interpretted that to mean:

"Oh, so now I'm just something that you own?!? I'm not a person? You think you own me?"

And to that he responded:

Sounds about right to me...

Please - have REAL conversations with people - where you actually SEE EACH OTHER'S FACE AND TALK! All of this messaging stuff IS NOT how you communicate in a meaningful way with someone you're having a relationship with!!!

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm. I agree with all the above posts. Maybe you shouldn't be flirting in text messages and save it for in-person. Talk to him and see what that was all about. It's the only way you'll know for sure what he meant and what's going on. Don't hold a grudge. That's my advice. :slight_smile: