1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety with Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cr9814cr, Sep 15, 2014.

1. cr9814cr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have known I am gay since sixth grade, which was 5 years ago but I've really always known it.

I have extremely horrible, paralyzingly anxiety, which with my thoughts on coming out have only worsened. Every time I think about coming out. Just have a thought on how I might tell someone, I start to go into a panic. Heart starts racing. Body starts tensing. Words stop saying.

It keeps me up at night and restless throughout the day. OCD brings an unbearable pain as well. Making me focus on the thoughts and anxiety until it hurts.

I am not out to anybody at all. I know my mother knows which gives me even more anxiety. I have not come out though. I want to! I want to so bad! I fantasize the thought of me telling a friend and being myself. I worry about, what if my anxiety worsens after I come out?

If I could receive some advice and information on my anxiety and coming out it would be amazing. Thank you so much EC.:help:

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear sir

Slow down, even a man of my speed can't stay up with you. Stop take a breath. Now walk to you bathroom and look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you're gay, now comeback. And congratulations you finally told someone your gay. That is the overall biggest step you can take telling yourself you are gay. If you need something ask away, I'm here all night

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the time, people have LESS anxiety after they come out, because they are not hiding a secret and concerned that someone is going to find out. You might want to ask yourself, "Is it possible that I could be any MORE anxious than I am already?"

If the answer is NO, then it might be worth taking the chance on getting some relief by coming out; you don't seem to be too happy with where you are right now.

4. oldbabylove

oldbabylove Guest

I think the best person in knowing one self is you. You know in your heart truly who you are and when you feel your thoughts are for one of the same sex then that is how it is with you. I believe that this feeling of you becoming aware is of your nature, I think this is who you are and I also feel that when fighting these thoughts who soon become so confused in knowing who you are. I think you know who you are.