1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans issues.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Abdadhie, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

So I'm 80 percent sure I was meant to be a girl but I'm not ready to come out ad transgender. I've been talking about transgender things it to people but not coming out. Anyway I mentioned it to one of my best friends and his response shocked me. He called transgender people 'trannys', a word I hate so I asked him to refer to them as transgender and he started calling them skanks. Then he started bagging trans people out by saying stuff like 'why can't they stick with what they are' and 'If it says male on their f*****g passport then they're f*****g male'. I was close to coming out and I assumed that he would be cool with it because he was fine when I came out as gay but It looks like i was wrong. I'm not sure if he is just closed minded, transphobic or just uneducated but he's really pissing me off.

So, I've decided to hint it to everyone before I come out. Make it less of a shock and cop less criticism. What are some good ways to do this? Your help is so much appreciated!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First, this: (&&&)

The reaction of your friend is in my opinion not the norm... it might be possible to ask where this idea comes from... the use of the word which I also dislike could hint to a twisted image, picked up from somewhere...

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...nformation-about-transgender-individuals.html

"..there is a part of the brain that is different sizes in males and females. Autopsies have shown that this structure is consistent in size with the desired gender of transsexual individuals regardless of whether or not they ever underwent HRT. This does not prove causation, but it is extremely good evidence for a biological cause."
    There are probably different stages to this.

So its literally a mans brain in a womens body and vice versa.
    This is a different view than many people regarding this as a whim.

Some people have preconceived ideas, which might be alleviated by telling that its simply people with cravings, dreams and wants like everybody else. Its their right to live as they want. This does not change them as persons, they are beings like everyone else.

Nowadays its possible to live as the desired gender, its their right to make use of that possibility.

According to a survey from 2011, there are more than half a million transgender people in the us.
    So its quite a few people.

You might also hint to some of your preferences...

The best thing imO is to use intuition...

You might also for example talk to a gender therapist, a doctor or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.
    They might for example evaluate the possibility of puberty blockers.

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)