1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids are talking "behind" my back...Rant

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smiley1123, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Smiley1123

So there are these kids who are older than me. They seem to know who I am and a lot about me. They keep talking about me when they think I'm not around and its really hurting my feelings because they are making fun of things that I cannot change. (Name, looks, etc) Bleh now I feel horrible :frowning2: I know that it shouldn't matter what they say but my friends also seem to be turning on me and not being nice anymore..What should I do?

2. Cool Beans

The ones who aren't your friends you might as well just ignore. They're clearly a bunch of insecure fools who've chosen you as their self-esteem boost. As for the ones who are your friends, try talking to them. Tell them you feel that they're treating you badly and whatnot and see what they have to say. If you don't get anywhere with that, then it's probably time to find new friends.

3. biisme

Cool Beans is right. You should talk to your friends. If they're your friends, they should listen.

Although, sometimes it goes a long way to actually ask the older gilrs why they are doing it. If you are dead serious, and just say, "what do you have against me?" then it may make them see how cruel they are being. I've seen this work sometimes. If they give some smart-ass answer then you can just ignore them, but you will seem more mature.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As the above posters mentioned, those people that are not your friends, ignore them, just pass them when you see them in the hallway or wherever. Often other teens will make fun of others just to look cool in front of their friends or feel good about themselves. By ignoring them you are sending them the message that they have picked on the wrong guy. The important thing here is that you like yourself for who you are. That's what counts. Nothing else. If someone else doesn't like how you look or doesn't like your name, it's their problem not yours.

When it comes to your friends however, it is a different matter. I think you should talk to them and let them know that this is hurting you. If they are real friends they will understand that and apologize for being inconsiderate (to say the least) towards you. Friends should never engage in that kind of a behavior. If they don't understand that, then I think (and as Cool Beans mentioned) it's time you find some new friends who will respect you and not make fun of you.

Hope this helps!