1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out in University....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kamina, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Kamina

So I've posted here before about my coming out experience here before where I came out to some of my close friends in high school and the varied and open responses that I received and now I feel that the time has come again to update people who wish to know. The general response to being gay in university has been somewhat apathetic. :surprised

And some may say thats a bad thing but it feels so great to just have it be accepted without being the main topic of conversation. I'm not out to that many people yet but I am planning on going to the Pride Alliance meeting on Thursday which I am quite excited about. I'm also finally at a place where I want to and feel comfortable (probably because I'm not fabricating feelings towards guys) to start dating!

And while I'm not totally sure if I like girls exclusively (still I know it's been so long) I'm at a place where I can explore that. So yay apathy! Yay university! And things do get better! (!)

2. Emmanuella

Woohoo enjoy it!! You were brave for coming out and for that, you will have an AMAZING university experience. One of my biggest regrets was never joining the lgbt events at my uni. I never went to meetings or parties (I always worked the evenings they were scheduled).

Anyhow, CONGRATSSS on coming out to even more people :slight_smile: