1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out or in?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Sep 17, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wearing a rainbow bracelet for about a week and today I got asked by two people if I was gay, in regards to it. I didn't answer either really due to timing circumstances. (One time, the fire alarm went off right after he asked. I was literally "saved by the bell.") But I don't know what to do if it happens again and I have to answer.
    Because like.. I want to be out. I do. I want to be involved in the community and talk openly. I want to stand up for lgbtq rights and not have to hide under an ally mask.
    But I'm scared. I'm so freaking scared. Also explaining queer can be difficult with some people, but I've figured out a pretty simple way to do it that works for me. It's mostly just fear.
    I want to decide ahead of time so that I can prepare an answer and things hopefully won't be as awkward.
    Advice?

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best advice I can give since I can not be there with you is to go at your pace.