1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Hurts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BILL9854, Apr 30, 2007.

1. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, to get straight to the point, i'm gay and in love with a straight guy...
    I'm 18 and just joined this site because I really need some kind of advice or support or anything really cos life just is pure hell right now.
    I'm out to most of my friends and my brother, which is really a relief, but there's a worse problem I can't escape. I'm in love (and yes I'm sure it's love not just a passing lust) with a straight guy who I work with every day, and It's driving me to depression knowing he'll never return my love in the same way.
    I recently came out to him, I had this deluded fantasy he was gay too and when I told him he'd come out to me and everything would be perfect, but of course that wasn't the case.
    He's accepted me and still treats me the same, which only makes me love him and respect him more. I want to tell him how I feel, but at the same time I don't want to risk losing his friendship, but how can I continue such a close friendship in this situation?
    In fact even as I type he sent me a text message telling me about how this night out with a girl he met went, well why doesn't someone just punch me in the face for gods sake it would be less painful!
    If anyone has been in a similar situation please any advice would be so much appreciated, I just don't know how or if I can get past this.
    Thankyou

2. I posted in this thread about my straight-crush story:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5400#post5400

Ugh.

Anyway, you're so right, Bill -- love hurts. And it totally sucks sometimes, doesn't it? My solution was to let the relationship (friendship included) fizzle out, but hopefully you can find an ending that's a little happier. Good luck!

3. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah my problem is I don't really want to loose his friendship either but I know I can't have both realistically...
    Also I'm going travelling for about 8 months in 2008, I was hoping it might just 'fizzle out' then, but he's told me he expects emails from me every day... Plus I still have to survive the rest of this year first, sigh.
    What gets at me the most is that we are totally made for each other, I'd do anything for him, just the damn sexuality that's the problem lol
    Anyway guna read your thread now, thanks for the reply