1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RaiRai3, Sep 20, 2014.

1. RaiRai3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mother is blackmailing me with everything she has got in order to keep me "straight." First it was abandonment but that failed. Then it was divorcing my father and suicide. This was unfortunate but after seeing a therapist he recommended it was best to let go. Now she is claiming revenge. Back when I was 17 I fell in love with a guy and under her house I was severely sexually oppressed. I asked him one night for a sexually explicited and he gave me it, he was under the impression I was 18 because I thoutht he wouldn't want to talk to me knowing I was a minor. We worked out the issue with me lying but my mom discovered the photo when I was technically 17 and is now using it against me claiming that if I don't let him go and come home straight that she will send both of us to jail. I am heavily conflicted as I don't want either. I am 18 now and he is 20 and we have been dating for years.Should I call her bluff and tell her no or should I just go back and continue this torture.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2014 at 12:51 PM ----------

Sexually explicited photo*

2. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure what happened was technically illegal. I know that an actual relationship between him and you would have been legal because you are within three years of each other.

3. RaiRai3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The relationship wasn't illegal. The fact that he sent me a nude was....

4. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you had sent him a nude, yes, but him sending it to you is a more murky area. It's not something I would recommend be done, but it would be something that would have a tough time in court.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understand that no-one who truly loves and cares for you would indulge in this sort of behaviour. Your Mom is becoming increasingly frustrated as her attempts to control and manipulate you fail and this is another attempt that must fail too. Do not give in to this sort of emotional blackmail - doing so will only make things worse. Be firm and stand your ground. If you have to say anything to her it should simply be no. It might be an idea to remove the power from your Mom by taking legal advice yourself.

As for the future, I should heed your therapists advice and let go. Your Mom has no respect for you.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your mother is ignorant about sexuality. You might be able to get her some help from PFLAG if she is educable. If she is just plain mean, then you will have to endure her until you are old enough and financially able to leave her home.