1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

off out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beth, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Beth

later.ive just started uni & only known these people for a couple of days.obviously we're tryin to go to places that will please everyone so COME ON GUYS LETS GO TO A GAY BAR isnt on the agenda yet (though a girl said she will come with me whenever i wana go,but shes not here tonite)
    so...
    i'm at uni,there has got to be lesbians ha.but what can i do except look & smile back?!
    i'm a complete basket case
    what do u say?
    what do u do?
    what if u get talkin but then theres the awkward silence
    bahhh
    :help:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Just try to be yourself. Usually when you do approach someone and strike up a conversation, there shouldn't be an awkward moment of silence. Even if there is, you can always bring up a different topic.

You are right, at the university you will find other lesbians as well. I am not sure as it does not come through your post but have you tried joining the university's GLBT group (if it has one). Usually they are pretty welcoming and open. I think it would be one of the best ways to meet and get to know others. Again, when you do go in, just be yourself. I'm sure someone will say something on which you can pick up then and take it from there.

I hope this helps!

3. Miles D

If there is an awkward silence, say "AWKWARD TURTLE!"

or put your arm around them and start to snuggle and go "this is kinda awkward, huh?"

:roflmao: