1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my oldest friends / PDA

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Augie14, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Augie14

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey all, so the process of coming out to myself was a long one. I am 21 and have dated guys in the past, with one long term relationship. Whenever things start getting serious I push them away or lose interest though, this has happened to me many times. I used to think it was bc I enjoyed the 'chase' more than I knew; but I now realize it's because I'm more into girls than guys. I go to school out of state so I have friends in both places. My best friend of 8 years lives in the same city as I do, so there is some overlap with the two groups of friends. Anyway, while some of my friends do know that I am bi, most don't. I (very drunkenly) brought it up to my best friend over a year ago but said I didn't recall most of the night the next day and she never brought it up again. The thing is I have been seeing this girl for about two months, and I want to start dating her, but I feel like I'm almost living a double life. I don't like it and I really just want to tell my friends what's up. I know almost a of them are accepting & wouldn't really care, I guess I'm just scared their perceptions of me will change? I also don't want them to think I am attracted to them bc I'm not?
    In addition, when I am out like going places with the girl I'm seeing, I want to hold her hand and be affectionate etc, just little things, but the thought of seeing a coworker or someone who dosent know I'm bi makes me nervous if I'm being honest. But I can tell she wants me to hold her hand etc as well, and it would kill me to think she thinks I'm embarrassed of us, because I think she's so lovely it's just that I've never had to deal w the possibility of being scrutinized before. We live in a college town where people are pretty accepting, but there are still some very conservative people. So basically my questions are: how do I tell my friends? Do I just say hey so I like someone, and it's a girl? & will it get easier to be open in public once I'm out?