1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont think you do ever get over crushes..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexie, Sep 20, 2008.

1. lexie

i found out a girl i used to like is with someone new now, who i used to know...

and when i got told, i felt like id been punched in the stomach, but i had to try and hide it. :icon_sad:

but i feel like a huge sadness, and i dont know why. i thought i was over her.

now i feel down, and i just think, did i get over her? :confused: why do i care? i mean i havent seen her in ages, and i never told her i liked her or anything, it was just a secret crush, and she was with someone at the time, and now shes with a new girl, but when i got told casually off someone, i felt this intense sadness.

is that normal? is it jealously? i wish i didnt feel down about it, since i do, i must care. :bang:

at least i dont see her anymore, that makes it easier i guess.

2. Miles D

I think that if you really liked a person, there is no way to fully get over them...

... I mean like I liked a guy three years ago, and even now I love listening to a voicemail he left me two years ago. I haven't talked to him or seen him in like forever, and I don't think I will ever see him again, but it's not like he got ugly or turned into a total bitch, so I think he'll always have a special place in my heart :rolleyes:

3. lexie

i know, and i really thought i was over her, i rarely think of her anymore, but when she was mentioned, i felt crushed, and i hate that i do, but i feel really low cause of it now, the feeling is awful. oh well..cant help it i guess.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

You just have to go through the process of getting over her again. :frowning2: It should be easier/quicker successive times around though.

5. byeee

Just try to think of everything as happy memories, like someone above said... cherish what you felt, and don't think about what didn't happen... I hope that makes sense.

6. RedState

You don't. While everyone does move on to other relationships, some people will always linger in your mind. And it is painful at times to think about them.

7. Amy

Amy

i know what you mean. it really sucks when you find out your crushes have moved on. or when you find out that she likes the guy you sit behind in german and next to in science. not thats happened to me or anything.

(*hug*)

8. Davey

Last year I had a huge crush on this guy. Ask Myra it seemed like all I did was talk about him. Latley its not as bad and I have moved on to someone else. But, every time I hear about him and his girlfriend (yeah he's straight...sigh) i get a feeling of sadness. I don't really care but like you said I don't think it truly goes away. Its always there. I have to see my ex-crush every day at school though. GAWH! Its better now though I can actually look at him. Recently things happened but thats for another time.
    My point is: No, I don't think crushes ever go away.

9. silentsound

I don't believe that you ever really really get over a crush unless the person does something terribly gross or immoral or just becomes enough of an ass to make you think "ew why how could I ever!" Honestly, just try to put it out of your mind. It's great you're over the crush, but you will probably hold onto a certain amount of affection for this person for a little while (I am so there with you right now) Really just try to put it out of your mind. Focus on something else. If the feelings have already faded it won't be so hard to push what remains of them aside.

10. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Hey, I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat as you, except the girl I was crushing on is straight... it killed me when I found out she had a boyfriend. Guess my gaydar doesn't work very well, as I'm always falling for girls who turn out to be straight. :redface:
    Anyway, try not to think about it too much-- I've found it helps to occupy your mind with other things. And you know what? I'm sure eventually you'll find someone even better.:newcolor: