1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I break up before or after?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

I'm breaking up with my boyfriend sometime soon. I just want to get it over with.

But we made plans last week to go out together (before I knew we would be breaking up) and now I'm not sure if I should break up before or after we go.

Either way its going to suck... more for him than me not to sound like an a:***: but I want to make it suck as little as possible.

Help?

2. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

I would do it before. You don't want think that you like him anymore, If you were to go it would send that message! But if you do go on with your plans it will seem as if you still like him to your boyfriend. If you were to end if after wards I think it would be more of a heartbreak!

3. Louise

Honesty really is the best policy, don't string him along just because it is akward letting him know. Just pop round and see him, tell him you are really sorry but this is really not working out for you (for whatever reasons) and that you don't feel right letting him go on believing something that you know not to be true.

It's really hard but it is the best in the long run and your boyfriend will think better of you for being honest, rather than thinking that you were either using him or making a fool out of him.

4. Matty

My ex-boyfriend wanted to break up with me for two-three weeks before he actually did, and he told me so when when the time came. It actually made it more hurtful because I thought to myself, "Was he lying to me these past weeks about how much fun/caring he had for/with me?" Just be honest...you hurt more when you hold back.

5. Mind Freak

I told him before;; which ended up canceling our plans.
    Which is fine... I think he's mad at me though.

But at least I got it off my chest. I feel much better now.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At least it's done now. Hopefully you're feeling more free and honest, and it won't take long for the pain to ease for both of you.