1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay? Curious? Bi? Or just confused??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by derek994, Sep 24, 2014.

1. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, I'm not confused about whether or not I like men because, well, I like men. BUT I also like women. I like women for their bodies, but emotionally, there is rarely anything there.
    But men, oh men, I want them in every way. I consistently see men around campus and, if I think they're good looking, I'd text my, now, ex girlfriend and tell her about the gorgeous men.
    So, I'm not sure why, but my girlfriend does not even think that I like men, even if I talk about guys all the time. I've even told her my celebrity crushes (not a single woman, all men). And we watched the VMAs together - she didn't even care about Beyoncé's performance while I was in awe of the Queen.
    Anyway, I recently broke up with my girlfriend for a number of reasons, but a big reason is because I'm finding myself slowly being more open about my feelings for men - whether people notice and think I'm joking or not. My ex is devastated because I "broke her heart" and, don't get me wrong, I did have some feelings for her. But, as I mentioned, I'm showing my interest in men a little more.
    Basically, I'm asking for advice on anything and everything. Should I come out if I'm not even 100 percent sure that I want to be with men for the rest of my life? Should I tell my ex about my feelings? What should I do???

-Derek

2. Litveninko

you are just BI . thats what you sound to me. I like women emotionally and pyschally , but for guys,i like their bodies, it's just the opposite with you. maybe you are jjust confused, have you had an actual crush on some guy you know? you should experiment your sexuality with someone as it'll make things clear for you more. good luck.

3. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've had crushes on my guy friends since about first grade. But I've never done anything, they're all straight anyway.

4. Litveninko

then you are BI, no worries, start to date guys and see how it goes.

5. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

I always say that lables are not so important. Take your time to think about your sexuality. You don't have to hurry up. So don't worry. :wink:

Of course, you shouldn't tell your girlfriend about your feelings (at least now). She would probably misunderstand you and you would "break her heart" again. By the way, I think breaking up with her was the right decision. Being honest with your feelings doesn't make you a bad person at all.

If you're not 100% sure about your sexuality, it's probably better waiting before you come out.

6. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you!

7. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

You're welcome. :icon_wink

8. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So emotionally and romantically you're only attracted to men so that makes you homo-romantic and you are sexually attracted to men but also women making you bisexual. So if you wanna give yourself a "technical' label your homo-romantic bisexual. You could call yourself bi - because most people consider your sexual orientation and don't realize romantic orientation is different and your sexuality is bisexual. You could also label yourself as gay in the sense that you don't see yourself in a relationship with a women. Really what you feel comfortable with.

You're the opposite of me. I'm bi-romantic homosexual while you're a homo-romantic bisexual. I tell people i'm bi because I'll have a relationship with someone even though that way I look at it i'm really gay. If you wanna be technical everyone is a little bit bisexual. Here's how I look at it. 10 points = gay & 0 points equals straight. I'm bi romantic so 5 points and homosexual 15/20 possible points which means i'm roughly 75% gay or an average of 7.5 out of 10 which is between the middle of strictly bi and strictly gay. I'm roughly 5 out of 6 on the Kinsey scale. Kinsey scale 0 = 100% straight, 100% bi = 3 and 100% gay is 6. So i'm closest to gay.

Eh this is a weird explanation label yourself what you want

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one can tell you what you are; you have to tell them. Since you are not sure, other than what your feelings are, it is better to experiment around, date some gay guys, and see if you actually feel natural doing what you think you would enjoy. You can label yourself later, when you know for sure; don't let other people label you; they don't know what is in your head; only you do.