1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iHeartYouu, Sep 26, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

I hate myself for being a lesbian. I used to tell myself I won't get attracted to girls. I had a crush for two years and I know she won't like me back. Based on her reaction when she nearly found out I liked her.
    It hurts because she left me just like that, we used to be close. I know sexuality is not a choice, but I really hate myself for liking a girl, and hurting myself with those feelings. I don't blame her for not liking me back, but it really hurts every I see her with another person. I don't even know her sexuality.
    I hate myself.
    I don't even know how am I going to come out to my parents. Things will get awkward, I don't know how to face them.
    I hate myself.

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi. I'm sorry you are hurting. It can be really painful sometimes, believe me, I know.

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :slight_smile:

Don't hate yourself for that. It happens with straight people too. A lot. A friend of mine just told me yesterday a girld rejected him, and he is really sad.

I know it hurt to be rejected, but it happens. Just don't blame yourself for that.

Hugs

4. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hey, you know what? The people that hate themselves / have mental issues are usually the best people out there, hands down. It means you actually care about things, far more than most people do. (*hug*)

5. bi2me

Try to treat yourself as you would treat your best friend. That's what I tell my kids and try to do myself. If you wouldn't yell and scream at a friend who was a lesbian, you probably shouldn't do it to yourself. Most of us treat our friends better than we treat ourselves, but we can change friends and we are stuck with ourselves - seems kind of backwards!

Good luck, I know some days are worse than others, but you can get through this to a sunnier time. :slight_smile:

6. Beth01

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry your hurt, but don't hate yourself over something like this. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Here's a hug *hug* I understand what you're going through

8. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

Hey, sweetheart. First of all, I send you a hug. (*hug*)

You shouldn't feel that way. It wasn't a choice of yours and there's nothing wrong or bad with that.

As for coming out, take your time. And please stop saying that you hate yourself and start thinking you love yourself. (*hug*)

9. Candace

I'm really sorry for what you're going through (*hug*). Remember to love yourself before you love others. It's you, and you should love yourself to the highest regard :slight_smile:.

10. Blossom85

I'm sorry to hear your going through this and not feeling worthy of yourself at the moment. Just take a deep breath and count to 10.. Take your time and just slow down.. You don't need to come out to your parents until you are ready.. But please Hun.. Don't hate yourself for being who you are. In regards to your friend.. It's up to you what you do.. I think you should have a talk with her, clear the air.. Just say that you feel a little confused about some things and wanna talk.. It's hard when the object of our affection can hurt us without them ever realizing they are doing anything wrong..

It's possible she is confused as well, maybe she doesn't know how to act around you if she knows you eye candy her. I know I would feel a little awkward if I found out someone I considered to be a friend was eye candying me, plus maybe she feels like her flirting is to blame for you developing feelings for her. You won't know till you talk to her and clear the air and I honestly don't think you are gonna feel better until you do. I know you probably don't wanna hear it.. But I really think you need to talk to her.

11. iHeartYouu

Thank all of you for your replies. I'm really hurt, I see her everyday with someone else but then again, why can't I be straight?

12. Emmanuella

Awww, don't hate yourself. I know how incredibly hard it is to like someone who doesn't like you back. But you know what, one day you will find somebody who you feel that strongly about, and THAT person will like/love you back.

If this girl is backing away from you then it's not worth it to focus your energy on her...

(((Hugs))) know how hard it must be.

13. iHeartYouu

It is hard :frowning2: I felt ashamed. I had no one to talk about this in real life. If it was a straight crush I would have friends to discuss and fangirl with. But it feels like as if I want no one else but her.. No one had ever had me felt this way.

14. bi2me

Have you seen this thread? It might make you feel a little less alone. I know it helped me to read about a lot of other people going through similar situations.