1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Paranoid or do They Know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jguy365, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have reason to believe that my mom, my sister, and my sister's friend know that I am gay and are trying to nudge me out of the closet.

I think my sister has suspected that I am gay since this one time we were at Arby's. A male employee was leaning down and I took the opportunity to look...and she caught me totally red handed looking at his butt...and I'm fairly certain that she told my mom about that.

Moving on...One time when I returned home from work, my mom, my sister, and my sister's friend were conversing at the table. As soon as I walked in, they began to talk about cute guys.

More recently, we were having supper and my sister's friend talked about her job at Lush. I asked what Lush was and she and my sister told me all about that store and the products they think I would enjoy...and how much they think I would enjoy a good bubble bath and all that jazz. They really, really think I would enjoy a visit to Lush. To me, that doesn't sound like something any straight guy would enjoy...then they kept talking about cute boys.

Am I just paranoid...or do they know?

2. Tardis2020

They might suspect it. Are you feminine? Do you show any stereotypical "gay traits"?
    If so then maybe. Or they might just think you'd like a bubble bath.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No I dont think you are being paranoid I do think that you sister does suspect, dont let it get you down . I know what you are going threw ! I would just go on and not let it get to you . When she does things like that act like it dont bother you and then when you are ready to you can tell them :slight_smile:

4. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outwardly, no, but inwardly I do. I hate sports and am not good at them. I love interior decorating. I love candles. I love show tunes. I love to clean...These aren't seen on the surface, but once you really get to know me, these things become obvious. My mom, my sister, and my sister's friend know them all, so they do have reason to be suspicious.

5. Tardis2020

I think they would expect it then.
    Honestly I think its better if they do. It lessens the shock from you coming out and shows that they accept LGBT people and more importantly, you.

6. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm the same way. I like basketball, but other than that, there's nothing "manly" that I like. But I am much more interested in things that are considered feminine. I blame it on being close to my mom and growing up living mostly with her. (Not out or even completely sure about my preferences for that matter)

By the way, Lush is great. Expensive though.
    I love bubble baths.

7. ChameleonSoul

It seems like they know about you being gay, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It might make the coming out process easier as they will already be part way through the stages to acceptance. Just come out to them whenever you're ready. I'm sure they'll be accepting!

8. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    I think they know, but don't let them force you out!! If you're not ready, just don't! And lush is really good, expensive, but good, the first time you'll be really overwhelmed, but you'll probably like it if you like baths :slight_smile: And it isn't really typically a place where straight guys go, but I'm sure some do go there, just BC of all the good bath stuff they have :slight_smile:

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

They're making it easy for you. Lucky you! Just be yourself and love life!!! (!) (!!) (!)

10. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I look at guys butts all the time... no one has said anything... :wink:

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh yeah, with those set of interests... you're all but belting from the top of your lungs "I'M GAY" so unless they are completely oblivious... I'd say the likelihood they already know is close to 100%.

12. indiqo

I know those things are so stereotypical even if untrue for many people

I don't know if they know you are gay or not but the thing about lush and them talking about guys is hilarious if they are doing this because they are trying to find out how you identify

my friend (male/gay) came out to his mum and he was so nervous. she was like "I knew before you did"

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Old thread.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He