1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noork, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Noork

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 16 and confused. I feel like I've known I had feelings for boys since around 12 years old. These feeling just grow stronger and I still haven't come to terms with this. I just can't see myself as being gay or bi...I just don't want to accept that. Obviously, since I can't accept myself, there's no way I'm ready to come out to ANYONE. I don't like change, and I know coming out will change everything. I've just been battling all this for the past few years. I don't know what to do...:dry: :confused::bang::icon_sad:

2. Tardis2020

You need to accept yourself before you can tell others. I think almost everyone here has been in your situation. Maybe you're straight maybe you're not. But it doesn't matter. Just be you. Its hard when you realize something like this. I hope you feel better about yourself (*hug*)

3. Blossom85

I think just take your time.. You certainly don't need to rush and come out before you can fully accept yourself.. You need to accept it and make peace with it before you can really be ready.. I'm sorry you are going through this, I think perhaps you need to maybe look at potential reasons why you can't accept it yourself.. What is your families opinion on the LGBT community and are they supportive or are they homophobic and would never accept having a gay or bi son? I think how you think people around you will react might be a big part of the reason why you aren't willing to accept it yourself, so maybe have a think on that and just take it slow.. Take it one day at a time.. And don't feel you need to label yourself or come out if you aren't ready.

4. tyuiop97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there! (Watch out this is gonna be a mini essay)

I might be echoing some of what the others have said, but I honestly know how you are feeling.
    Being just a year older, it really wasn't that long ago that I was in the exact same position as you. I have noticed my attraction for boys as long ago as I could remember, but I wished so much that it was just a phase and would one day go away miraculously. As I got older, I would avoid anything dealing with coming out or being gay because I would get a knot in my stomach every time. I fully believed that I would never ever tell anyone this secret of mine.

Towards the beginning of 2014, that all changed. I decided to come out and tell one of my closest friends I was gay in February. (I was still dating a girl at the time). I'll admit, I was in a rough patch for a little bit after that. I got super depressed. Eventually, I discovered sites like Emptyclosets and Trevorspace (check it out if you haven't yet) and educated myself on the lgbt community. I also discovered gay Youtubers like Tyler Oakley and Troye Sivan. The depression went away and for once in my life, I was genuinely proud of myself. I even went to a Pride Parade in Seattle which was the best experience I could've hoped for.

Now, I have fully accepted myself. And I am fully committed coming out publicly on October 11th, National Coming Out Day. Sorry for writing so much but what I'm saying is, what you're feeling is perfectly normal and has been felt by many of us here. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Take your time. There is absolutely no rush to come out. Happiness will come eventually and things will be fine. I hope this helped. Message me if you ever need anything :slight_smile:

5. Noork

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys for your advice! This is something that I will eventually come to terms with, but it may take some time. I am so glad I found this website :slight_smile:. Wish me luck!