1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fun4both, Sep 28, 2014.

1. fun4both

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay i just discovered my bisexual side when I did this I wasn't dating now I am dating this beautiful woman she has suggested she is bisexual how can I find out if she would be okay with my bisexual side socity being what it is and it being so early (second date) as I really like this girl and want to see this go somewhere

2. Gen

Gen

First, Welcome to EC!

Secondly, I would bring up the subject of her bisexuality in the future and ask more about it, since she has been suggesting it. At some point during the conversation, reference the similar feelings that you have been experiencing. The fact that it is early in the relationship makes it the best time to have these conversations. You don't want to feel as though you have been keeping something from a potential partner for months or even years into the future. I doubt she would react poorly, but in the case that she does it would only make it clear that she isn't the type of person worthy of being with you to begin with.

3. pandas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My boyfriend was very understanding with my bisexuality when I opened up to him about it, and chances are, your girlfriend will be too. If she doesn't understand, then she is definitely contributing to the double standard that women are "allowed" to be bisexual but meant "aren't allowed"/are probably gay. If she has hinted at her own bisexuality, though, it seems like she will be understanding. It's hard to bring the topic up in conversation, but maybe try to talk about it when the topic comes up naturally? How old are the two of you?