1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Arizona

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by krazykyle, Sep 22, 2008.

1. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

I just moved here and I know absolutely nobody and I'm not in school right now :frowning2: What have you guys done in the past when your only connection is your family? I'm in the Phoenix area but I have no car and don't know the place too well and i'm like dying to find new friends :frowning2:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to EC. Secondly, why not see if there's a place around town where people your age hang out. It might be hard without a car, as I don't know the area, but go to some public places where you think people your age might be hanging out after school. Good luck making some new friends. :slight_smile:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Welcome Kyle! My daughter lives in Phoenix. Well actually Tempe. She has alot of gay friends so I know they are there. You just have to do some searching. I hear they have an excellent Pride celebration.

4. Seanboy23

Welcome to EC... and welcome to Arizona! I'm an Arizona boy myself, born and raised. Grew up in Tucson, though, which is AWESOME, way better than Phoenix, IMO.

However, the Phoenix metro region is great too, and I know there's lots to do there. As far as the local LGBT scene, my friends that still live there have told me that there's a pretty great community vibe in the Tempe area, which of course is home to ASU and all the college-type stuff.

Have fun!! And stay cool! (Hopefully you moved there from somewhere that had at least comparable weather... otherwise, you gonna melt, child!!) :roflmao:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and Welcome to EC! Maybe try joining a club/activity in a community centre that is near you or that is accessible by public transportation. Alternatively, you could try finding out if there is a GLBT group that meets in your area or near your area. Usually they'll have social events where you could just join in and meet new people.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's tough being in a new town and not knowing anybody. You might try picking some hobbies/pasttimes of yours, and then doing a Google search to see what you come up with. "Phoenix AZ Volleyball" or whatever. You should be able to find some groups that way.

Lex

7. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I've lived in the Phx area all my life, Mesa, specifically. I don't know anything about the LGBT scene, but I'd like to know more about it as well.