1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum wants to talk to me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iHeartYouu, Oct 1, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

So i was talking on the phone and we were talking about where to go after high school. We had a choice to stay one more year to get another cert, or to score well and go to direct college. I told my friends about my plan, and I told them "if she's staying, I'm staying." That she was referring to my crush. After saying that sentence mum said something like "who is she? Was she someone important?" something along that line. I couldnt hear it well as I'm still on the phone. So after putting my phone down she said she wants to talk to me and ask me something so I just came with an excuse like having a stomachache and avoided it. She probably forgot that she wanted to talk to me now, but what if later she remembered and asked me if I'm a lesbian or bisexual or something about this topic?
    I'm not sure whether to come out, or to tell some lies. She told me that I cant like girls before. But im not sure if she's going to kick me out and disown me, because I'm her only daughter. So advices?

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Wow. This is a little touchy for you, huh? If you aren't sure how safe you are with this, could you say something like: "Mum, please don't worry. I have a friend with a private issue. She needs my support, but I'm okay."? :slight_smile: It's not even a lie, if you consider your ownself a friend. :slight_smile:

3. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be honest, better she hear from you then find out and then know you are hiding things from her.

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a tuff one , all I can say to you is I would try to be honest with her and tell her truth she . She may get upset but in the long run i bet she will understand . You cant help the way you feel it is not like you woke up one day and said I think I will be gay .If she gets mad and up set you could also say mom I am struggling right now trying to figure out who I am and I really need you there for me for moral and physical support I love you and never wanted to hurt you. I just want to be happy and this makes me happy .
    Just remember that we are here for you if you need to talk or just want to vent good luck and have a great day

5. iHeartYouu

Thank all of you, but more info at my latest thread and how should i come out?