1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wolfy1, Oct 1, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i have a touchy issue here. my grand father was recently diagnosed with stage three cancer. i feel horrible about it. no one knows if he will be able to be treated or not, as we are just now finding out he has it. but what if he cant be?:tears:

i have been dealing with this issue since i found out... the issue is to tell him or not.

i am still not real comfortable with my sexuality, but im coming around (its been a rocky journey... i have my good days and my bad days). i still have told no one, but i do want to tell people when i feel ready to. but when will i feel ready? telling them im gay is something i want to tell my grand parents (i already know they will accept me) but im just not ready and if i loose them, i will forever regret not telling them. its like if im not ready to tell anyone, how can i tell them. i have already almost lost my grand mother once, and i just keep having flashback's to then when she was on life support and in a coma... i don't want to tell ether of them on there bedside when they cant hear me. it will be like i haven't told them at all, and would be too late.

this just keeps bugging me.:icon_sad:

2. AJ Bee

My advice would be, if it's important to you that he know, then find a way to tell them before it's too late, if you are not ready for anyone else to know, maybe they'll respect that?

3. VanityInSanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems as if your grandparents are really understanding and kind. The fact that you can tell that they will accept you no matter what is wonderful!
    Since it seems like their time might be up soon it probably would be best to tell them about your sexuality. Since they seem so understanding, I'm sure you could ask them to keep it a secret too. I'm sure that the trust you're placing on them won't be broken.

If you're still afraid of telling them, why not try with a letter or a video. That way you can also say how much you love them and (perhaps) a farewell.

I'm pretty sure the regret you'll feel for not telling them will be even worse than awkwardly telling them in their bedside. Not only that, you'll never be able to redo or change it.

Tell your grandparents you're gay now, and then come back and tell us about it! We're waiting!