1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theflyingelf, Oct 1, 2014.

1. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    So with National Coming Out Day approaching, I was thinking of being brave and wearing a t-shirt at school. My school district is very LGBTQIAP+ friendly, so I have no worries about the administration's ability to deal with any issues I may come across. I was hoping for some advice from you guys. Is it too cliché to come out on NCOD, should I do it before or after, any advice on dealing with negative/naïve comments, etc?

The friends I have come out to have been very supportive, and many of them have come out to me as well XD (one of my friends just came out to me as an aromantic bisexual, so I can relate to her slightly :grin: ) so I am not scared of losing them, and I am very proud of my sexuality. My only anxiety is from other people saying things to me. Like, I'm not affected about what theyd be saying to me, its more like not wanting to have to deal with it at all.

I want to come out so then I can talk about it openly with no worries, and also I want to see if my GSA would help me do something for Asexuality Awareness Week which is coming up soon.

Thanks! :thewave:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so. After all, it is coming out day, it is supposed to be that way, haha
    If they come from friends, peraphs try to reason with them? If not, then just ignore them.