1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me? :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IcyRose, Oct 1, 2014.

1. IcyRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know what to do. I know I am a girl, and I've known for years, but I just can't tell anyone. Not my bisexual friends, not my lesbian friends... Or any other friends... Obviously they wouldn't have negative reaction (I think) but I just can't do it. I can't tell my parents either- and I'm definitely worried about a reaction from them... I couldn't even tell them I was vegetarian out of fear.. And SERIOUSLY!! Who besides me actually hides their eating habits and ends up "coming out" as vegetarian? No one -_-

I don't really have any courage, I can't tell anyone at all. The only place I can ever be myself is the internet and games :/

What if I told someone five years ago? I could've been living in the right body for years now. But no, I'm 17 and have a deep voice and grow facial hair and I can't do anything at all.

I keep imagining all these ways I can 'accidentally' come out by leaving my browser open on a LGBT page, or whatever, but I can't do it or anything else no matter how much I think about it.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Peraphs try to come out with a letter to one of your LGBT friends?

After all, you already took a huge step coming out here on the internet. It may look easy, as you aren't using your real name, but it isn't an easy thing to do. Congratulations on that.

3. VanityInSanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, that makes two of us. Coming out seems so damn hard doesn't it, huh?
    There's really no need for you to come out now, if you're not comfortable with yourself.
    I wish we could one day just wake up and have the courage to shout: "I'm LGBT!" and everyone would just look at us and say..."Sigh. We already knew.". Too bad life isn't that easy for us. Especially not with a family as fearful as you have.

Perhaps the best action would be to hold out till you move out and live on your own. Once that happens you're free to do whatever you wish, be whoever you want and meet anyone you like.
    It's not courage we need for the situation, it's the situation that gives us courage. So if it's not the right situation, you probably won't have the courage to do something.
    If the situation where you'll have courage is the internet, then keep coming here and gather the courage. One day you'll learn to use it for your benefit.
    (Might be confusing, but I hope you get it)