1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does self-loathing end?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Derivative, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Derivative

Derivative Guest

So I came out to my close friends, a few family members... it was a brilliant experience, one that made me happy... but recently I've become extremely hateful towards myself. I think the transition from close friends to openly out is what I'm struggling with, help please :frowning2:

2. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First thing, you have to try to bypass all the opinions projected towards you. People can be quite...unreasonable when it comes to the "uncommon/unnatural" (just quoting, don't take this as offensive ;c, I think I might be uncertain about what you meant by openly out, is it like to your neighbors, your classmates/co-workers?) Self-loathing does not end when you, yourself, doesn't want it to end. A person can get so worked up over one negative comment. You may obtain all the pleasures in the world, but still feel like crap when someone says something bad about you. Please just consider this message, I can't force you to build up a barricade, but you could at least dodge out of the way right? :3
    This is your life, you make friends with people that love and accept you. Who cares about the hateful crowd that stares and points at you, you are who you are; a work of beauty. (*hug*)

3. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Thank you for the wonderful reply, in a moment of madness I announced the fact I'm gay on a social network. It's something that I believe I will regret in the morning, but be grateful of in future times.

Going to bed happy tonight :slight_smile:

4. Coming out is nuts, at least it was for me. It was really difficult to figure out if I was just being overly sensitive, or whether people were genuinely being offensive/impolite.

But it does slowly get back to normal :slight_smile:

5. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Well that's it, I'm openly out now! :slight_smile: