1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but attracted to girls? :S

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Ya, I know I'm gay, I'm in a gay relationship...and I'm not very attracted to women, but yet I'm attracted to their bodies....(1 specific region of their body).

It makes me feel like I'm bi, not gay, even though I don't want a relationship with a girl, and I haven't had a crush on a girl since 8th grade :wink: (4 years). I am clearly attracted to men, but there's that lingering though on the horizon, and that lingering attraction that is confusing the hell out of me :frowning2: .

What do you think? Could it be that I'm actually bi, with preference for guys? D:

2. epiphanies

Your feelings don't really need to be defined with a distinct category. And by the sound of it, you aren't bi, because you don't really like girls. But if you are, it is no big deal to be attracted to a female's body. There are different ranges of being "bi"

3. Endlessnight500

Its ok I'm the same way, Gay with slight attraction to some girls sometimes. Its not the same level of attraction tho, I dont like putting it like this, but its more of a "Yeah I'd Hit That." mentalitiy, I dont have the same need for a relationship and an emotional attraction from girls. Thats why I dont "pursue" girls anymore because I wouldnt want anyone ending up hurt about lack of attachment in that situation.

4. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha... Don't worry.

I have the same thoughts sometimes.

I'm pretty sure, that when I'm older I will one night go to a bar 100 miles away, where no one knows I'm gay, and try to hook up with a chick. Not sure why, but the urge is there.

5. Chris

well, i don't think that you're bi, but if you ever have the urge, go with it, get laid/or date a little. i was like you, a little bit you are thinking black and white/or looking at the forest for the trees.Quit trying to absolute classify yourself! just go with the flow, you may like it as you go along! Good Luck!

6. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had the same thing happen to me, I know I'm gay but there were times when I thought about women. It is confusing but like everybody says do what you want its your life.

7. Jim1454

I don't think you need to figure this out yet anyway...

Although, if you haven't had a crush on a girl since you were 13, and you've had crushes on guys since, it would suggest that you're leaning towards guys.

Perhaps you're just "bi-curious", but coming at it from the gay side rather than the straight side as is more often the case.

8. HalfInsane

It's possible you could be bi, leaning strongly towards gay... although, it's not really that important. It's better if you don't sit around and limit yourself, maybe it is slightly possible that you could actually find a female attractive on the future, maybe not. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it really. If you're happy right now, who cares?

And personally, I'm occasionally attracted to guys... sort of. But the sight of a penis still makes me cringe a bit, and I've never been emotionally attracted to a guy. Sooo... while I do generally call myself gay, I do accept that it's not totally impossible that I might one day be happy with a guy. I just highly doubt it.

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Try not to look at sexuality as three distinct, rigid categories. Think of it more a fluid scale.
    You could be anywhere between exclusively homosexual to incidentally bisexual.
    Try looking up Kinsey's work on sexuality. I think it may help you.

Emotions are complicated and can hardly be sorted into such unrelenting labels like gay or bisexual.

10. byeee

That's also how I feel, for the most part. Just that I'm attracted to guys.
    And a bit in denial about the part of me that still finds girls /somewhat/ attractive.

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though you have had feelings for guys for some time now, it is still possible for you to develop some feelings for girls. Keep in mind that sexual identities can change over time. With time and experience your feelings will become clearer. As it was said above, try not to label yourself, which might make a bit easier on you. As Jim indicated, it is possible that you are 'bi-curious', which is nothing to worry about. Take your time to figure it out. See how your feelings develop over time.

12. Ben

Ben

This is good advice... Sexuality is a peculiar thing and plenty of gay guys get the occasional thought about girls. I don't think that many people are fully and exclusively either heterosexual or homosexual. :slight_smile:

13. silentsound

Don't stress over it. Just be you. Go with what you feel, and see where that takes you.

14. jony8472

It's been said a lot, but I'll just add my say too, don't worry about labels, rather than saying I am *insert sexuality here*. Just say, I like this specific person, because when it boils down, every single person is different and like so much in life, there won't be one single rule to cover it all=)

15. Grantious

Hey,

Well some people believe human sexuality to be a spectrum or like a scale, you can be one or the other or somewhere in the middle or more towards one side and it doesn't really matter in the end, if you'd b more happy in a gay relationship do that, go with the flow over analyzing stuff sucks XD