1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The derivative of x^2 may be straight, but I'm not"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 143kc, Oct 4, 2014.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The title of this post is why I have suddenly become "popular" and the talk of gossip in my school. I "came out" via instagram over 5 months ago and have posted many posts implying my orientation since then, as well as telling people in person, but this is the first time that people have actually caught on.

I am very sarcastic and am coming out of my shell a lot this year. I told my good friends about my quote, which I was saying that I wanted to use as my senior quote. They started cracking up, so i posted it on twitter saying that it is my "senior quote idea #1". I also told a few people the quote in school due to my friend suggesting that I do so. I think that it is hilarious... but I have gotten some very surprised reactions. Apparently word is getting out, as over 3 days later it keeps getting favorited and I keep getting more requests on social media for followers. Also, my teammates have told me that they've heard people talking about my quote.

I am happy that is has only taken people 5 months to realize that I'm gay. :slight_smile:

2. Queer NOS

I do also like this quote quite a bit. Congratulations on the positive reactions that you've been receiving thus far. :slight_smile:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it, but that's because I'm a geek. :slight_smile:

I'm also happy that things have been positive so far.

Also, nice quadratic orientation. It's a plus that you're continuous. :kiss:

4. IrrationalNo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "The derivative of x^2 may be straight, but I'm not" I absolutely love this; it made me smile. Also i'm glad that you got a positive response. School can be a tough place for lgbt people sometimes. Best wishes for the future (*hug*)

#4 IrrationalNo, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hah! That's really funny, I like that. Math jokes are always the best. I'm glad you've had a positive reaction so far! School is a daunting place to come out, and happy stories always help other people to realize that it doesn't have to be.

6. Derivative

Derivative Guest

This makes me happy :eusa_danc

Congrats :slight_smile: