1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm always on the edge of telling..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolfiee, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the moment my gay friend is online who is the person I'm planning to come out to first, since he'd probably be more understanding and I'm just sitting here anxiously waiting for him to start the conversation cause I'm too bloody nervous. I really want to come out to him, but I don't know how to say it. I'm too scared to just straight up say "I'm a lesbian". I know I shouldn't be, but coming out is harder than it looks. :dry:

If a conversation ever happens, I want to somehow get onto the topic of LGBT or homosexuality and slowly hint towards it and then say it or see if he asks. What the f:***: do I do? I feel so dumbstruck. :bang:

Why, when its on the very tip of my tongue (or fingertips in this case), I can't even get it out. The fact that its online doesn't make it less nerve-racking surprisingly. :frowning2:

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever asked him when/how he came out to people? It's a reasonable opening question to start up a conversation. Loads of people have asked me the same question.

3. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I know how, he just came out to each of us (us = our friend group) face-to-face. When he told me he just straight up said it. I don't have the guts to do that yet though, he came out to people before me though so it might've gotten easier since then, but it was all fairly new to us all so I don't know. :confused:

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you maybe ask him how he felt when he came out to all of you? I think that would be a really useful and relevant question to get your conversation started.

5. gazumpbust

gazumpbust Guest

It will always be difficult at first. Lots of things to think about, worries, anxiety...But think about it, the longer you contain your feeling, the longer your agony will be. It is always but good to be true to yourself no matter who you are. I salute the courageous people who came out and became happy.

6. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling. I have been on the edge of telling my mom for the past couple of weeks but still haven't done it. The pressure comes and goes in episodes and increases each time. Eventually, I will give in under the pressure.

7. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I didn't end up talking to him, hopefully soon. I really want to get it off my chest to someone asap.