1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My plan for coming out as bigendered.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by person57, Oct 5, 2014.

1. person57

I decided that I want to come out to my parents as bigendered by the end of the year (November or December). However, I honestly don't want to do it face to face. I want to send my parents a voice message when I'm away. I'm hoping I will get to do it at my best friend's house. After I come out to my parents, I want to come out to everyone else by making a huge Facebook post, with two pictures. One of them will be me dressing up as a male and the other one will be me dressing up as a female.

2. person57

Hey, I decided that I will do a letter instead. I already wrote it and I plan to send it anytime from next week to the end of the year. Here it is.

Hey, mom and dad. There is something I need to tell you that I have been thinking about for a while. I'm bigendered. I'm not sure if you know what means, so I'll explain it to you. Bigender describes someone who identifies as both genders and is a subset of the transgender group. Bigendered people tend to move betweem masculine and feminine type behaviors. In other words, some days I'll feel like being a female and other days I'll feel like being a male. You know what transgender means, right? Well, bigender is kind of like that except I identify as both genders, not just the opposite. I'm sure you guys will be accepting and supportive of this. I love you!! :slight_smile:

What do you think?

#2 person57, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I assume you mean, "some days I'll feel like being a male and other days I'll feel like being a female"?

4. person57

Oops..yep, that's what I mean! Thanks for pointing that out.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's good. Simple and short, straight to the point. :slight_smile:

6. person57

The fact that I'm coming out in three days is crazy and pretty scary, but I know I can do it!