1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i sent it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anann, Oct 5, 2014.

1. anann

I've been working on this letter for a month at this point, to tell my parents that I am asexual and non-gender. I have no reason to think it will go badly, we have gay friends and they don't have a problem with my friend who is trans*, but I am really nervous now. I am a very private person and I don't generally want to talk about such things, particularly with my parents. But I want them to know what is going on and stop questioning some of the things I do, like the clothes I wear or the fact that I have a very short (and male) hairstyle.

I can't take it back now so I guess I just wait and see when they check their email and reply... :confused:

2. wolf of fire

Good luck, hope everything goes okay.

3. person57

Good luck!! I'm proud of you :slight_smile: I'm sure they will react well (*hug*)

4. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hope everything goes well for you, remember, if you need anything you can always post on my wall! :slight_smile:.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats :slight_smile: I hope all goes well for you . I wish I had your guts to comeout I am still scared to death that I will burst into flames when I do it lol not really but I am scared maybe some day I will be strong like you

6. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on reaching this crucial step. Whatever happens, it will all be worth it in the end so you can be your true self around them. Let us know how it goes.

7. Blossom85

I hope it all goes well for you an congrats for reaching this point in your life where you feel ready to come out. It is a big step.

8. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats, hope all goes well. :slight_smile:

9. anann

It went fine. They seem to be happy that I am figuring myself out and they were all that surprised. Silly anxiety making me obsess about an event that I knew all along would be fine and just couldn't actually believe it. Obviously the discussion and such will be ongoing but the hardest part is over.

I had to trick myself into it. I have been working on the letter for over a month, but I didn't allow myself to read it before sending it. I left it open in my email all day (I was sick and in bed most of the day) and finally got annoyed with it. So it wasn't like I sent it until after the message was gone. Be nice to yourself. (*hug*)

10. RedZeppelin

what exactly do you mean by "non gender"?

11. anann

I don't identify as female or male. I'm somewhere in between, but I consider myself to be neither rather than both. While I prefer non-gender, it could also be described as agender or neutrios (which i probably spelled wrong). I'm not sure how else to describe it except to go into rather personal experiences and I'm not in the mood for that at the moment I'm afraid.

I hope that makes sense.