1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confessed feelings & rejected?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littlered4517, Oct 6, 2014.

1. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well I confessed my feelings for her today. I didn't really mean to; just happened. I thought she liked me and was interested in me but I guess not. She wrote back well all right then and that she had just got out of a relationship and wasn't ready for another and that she was older than me and didn't want to hurt me if things didn't work out. And that I was a sweet woman and she liked me a lot and is honored I feel that way about her. I thought I had read her signals right: texting me and asking why I wasn't gay cause I was the kind of woman she was looking for, buying me drinks, draping her arm around my back on my chair, etc. Maybe I misread somehow. She sent another text saying who knows what will happen and to not give up. You think this was just a polite way of saying I'm not attracted to you? She's called me pretty several times before but I don't know. Did I really misread all these signals? Or are they signals? And any advice for getting things out of this awkward place and back to a cutting up friendship like we had? Oh and I told her that I was now embarrassed and she said awe don't be and I said well I embarrass easily especially when I feel like I've done something stupid. She wrote back it's not stupid so please stop that. So now I think I've pissed her off which upsets and embarrasses me even more

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt you pissed her off. Try not to assume anything. I would just give it some time.

If she is interested in you then it will become clearer as you spend more time together, and if not the awkwardness will pass. There may be stuff going on she is not talking about. It may be that she wants to give you time to sort out your own feelings. If she is looking for a long term relationship she might be very cautious about acting on any feelings with someone who is questioning. Just be yourself. If she is interested she will make that clearer with time, and if not you have a good friend.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont think she is upset with you at all I think she is just not intrested in you that way and she is trying to let you down easy, and she does not want you to be embarrassed about what you have said . Chin up and go on about things the best way you can and you will someday find the right one to be in your life . I wish you all the best of luck :slight_smile:

4. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you guys. I just wonder though if she's not interested in me that way then why would she have said and done the few things she did or were those not signals at all? I think what made me feel embarrassed most of all was her initial response when she said "well all right then and I don't know what I've done to make you feel this way". That's what's got me feeling like an idiot