1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lonelyc, Sep 24, 2008.

1. lonelyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday i was at the social group that i go to its for us lgbtu guys in brighton which is cool me and friend went into frontroom and one of the volenteers was talking the one of the new guys bout relationships and what he said was great like he would start a relationship but make sure there was no sex fo the first month he was asking me questions as well anyways later on went to a bar where the others had gone afterwards and was talking to one of my friends and i said the new guys cool relationship possible and mate said he s ugly though which he isnt then he said what bout me i didnt catch onto that cos we had a laugh after about one of the many drunken nights out so i went home short while later then what he said to me " what about me " so i txd him and said what he meant he said he didnt know i was interested anyways after a few more txs i said you mean a relationship and he said yeah so we re goin to talk 2moro nite but couldnt sleep and now im starting too panick but if i drink enough 2moro nite my nervers will calm down a little but really scared sounds sad i know but has any1 had any exp in this situation b4.

Thanx 4 any replies xx

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I've read your post five times, and I THINK I understand what's going on. Please please, henceforth, use punctuation. Periods, commas, all of it. It's your friend. It makes everything a lot clearer. :slight_smile: Now, on to your problem (I think).

If I read all that clearly, your friend (not the new guy) has expressed interest in getting in a relationship with you. Cool. How do YOU feel about it? Do you feel the same way about him? Or is he just a friend to you? Because if he is, I'd hold off on jumping into a relationship. You don't have to say "no, never". You can say, "I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I'm not sure if I think getting into a relationship is a good idea. So let me think about it some more, OK?" And then do so. If it takes a day, a week, two weeks, so be it. If you still feel unsure at that point, I'd say a relationship isn't such a good idea.

Lex

3. Noah