1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to do it!!! Advices, please?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SeriousJack, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I decided I am ready to come out, and i'm going to do it this saturday! I've made plans with a couple of friends and we're going to hang out, but I'll only tell my best friend. I'm 100% sure he will be supportive and nothing will change on our relationship, so I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't come out to anyone yet, not even my therapist, my best friend absolutely HAS to be the first person to find out. We've been BFFs for like 18 years and he's the brother I never had.

I haven't seen him in a while and there's a BUNCH of stuff I need to tell him, and I'm not sure where to start. I'll give a small detail about everything: basically I've been having the feeling he is in love with my ex girlfriend and he doesn't want to act on it, and I need to let him know I'm fine with it and I don't have feelings for her anymore. Also I need to tell him I cheated on said ex girlfriend a while ago and keeping this to myself is just slowly killing me on the inside. And last but not least I'm bisexual. The thing is I have this huge crush on this other friend and he always hangs out with us. He will be there saturday. I'm 70% sure he is straight though and I'm not sure whether I should tell my best friend about this crush as things would get awkward when the three of us are together.

Anyway, any advices on the order I should tell all these things, how to come up with the fact that I'm bi and whether or not I should tell him about my crush?

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well congrats !! This will be the hardest part ,now the crush part I would wait to see how he reacts to you coming out if he takes it well then I would say go for it if he is having trouble then you may want to wait a little bit . Good luck and lets us know how it goes

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose the logical order would be to come out first as this may lead on to the conversation about your ex-girlfriend.

Personally, I wouldn't talk about your crush the same day as you come out. Coming out will be enough to deal with, for you and him. If your crush is also there on Saturday it could make it very awkward.

I hope all goes well with the coming out. Just think about some of the things your friend might ask and prepare your answers. Even if some of his questions seem a bit silly or strange, stay calm and answer them. He will not understand what it feels like to be bi - only you can tell him. It will work better if you are not just making it all up as you go along though.

Let us know how it goes.

4. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Actually I didn't think it was relevant but I cheated on her with another girl, so it doesn't affect me telling him I'm bi. But thanks for the replies, I think I might tell him about my crush on another day then.