1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "coming out as bigendered" letter for my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by person57, Oct 8, 2014.

1. person57

If you read through my previous thread, "my plan for coming out as bigendered", you know that I plan to send a coming out letter to my parents on Saturday, National Coming Out Day. I decided to make the letter short and straight to the point. Here it is :slight_smile:

Hey, mom and dad. There is something I need to tell you that I have been thinking about for a while. I'm bigendered. I'm not sure if you know what means, so I'll explain it to you. Bigender describes someone who identifies as both genders and is a subset of the transgender group. Bigendered people tend to move between masculine and feminine type behaviors. In other words, some days I'll feel like being a female and other days I'll feel like being a male. You know what transgender means, right? Well, bigender is kind of like that except I identify as both genders, not just the opposite. I'm sure you guys will be accepting and supportive of this. I love you!! :slight_smile:

I think it's great :slight_smile: What do you think? I plan to send it when I'm at my best friends house. I will keep you guys updated in this thread.

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Seems fine to me. Just be sure you mean what you say. I could imagine how things might get complicated if your situation changed.