1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing It

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup it is me again. So I now find myself in a very compromising web of many different personality types which could very well lead to pure chaos. It would take me a long time to fully explain the entire situation. It is one that has been building up for over a year. I have a bad habit of keeping secrets and pretending to be someone I'm not, or rather I exaggerate certain aspects of my personality. So almost all of the people that I know are split into separate categories each knowing me as someone different. I have been very careful making sure that none of them knew that the others existed. Well foolishly I thought I could keep this up indefinitely. As you can tell it is all about to blow up in my face.

Because of recent events odds are they are going to meet. The major problem is they would be upset that I am friends with the other people. Basically they are all from different cliques that hate each other. I like them all and would hate to loose any of them. I find myself in these situations all the time and normally I can get out of it fairly easily by just saying the right thing at the right time.

This time however it is a lot more complicated. Usually what I have to do just comes to me like second nature. I know just what string to pluck and when to get out of just about any bad situation. This time I need to be able to understand exactly what is going on in the heads of two of my friends. While I can't stop them from meeting I can make the best of a bad situation. Unfortunately I am too mentally exhausted I can't think I feel overwhelmed. I just can't read people like I could. I find myself fumbling with almost every dimension of my life. I don't know what I should do. I have to find a way to relax and find my center again, but with school and this problem looming on the horizon I am finding it impossible to focus and solve it which just increases my stress.

I feel like I am losing it and I need a vacation, but that isn't going to happen.

2. Noah

Stay true to yourself, and be friends with them all. They will be upset, but as long as you are confident and don't try to change they will get over it.

3. ScentedRegrets

I think Noah hit it spot on. Honesty is the best policy. We are all dishonest and/or misleading at some point or another. Be yourself, and be ready to explain that "this is who I am, I want you to know the real me." Some may get upset, but odds are that it will bring you closer to those who really matter and who will really be a part of your life in the distant future.