1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay and musilm living in meddle east .. living in hell!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sucidesilently, Oct 9, 2014.

1. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am new in this forum but i always read your stories guys .. i guess i am not alone :slight_smile:
    i am 19 y.o boy my life is getting worst everyday ... i am yemeni from a country that dont give rights for women ,, imagine how hard it will be for a gay boy.. but i should say i am lucky to live in untied arab emirates which also not friendly gay country but at least i can use the internet and watch and see gay stuff in the internet ... ofc no one know i am gay family or friends and that is my big problem all this years i am hiding this secret its killing me ... if the Government the police knows i am gay they will kick me to yemen which is worst and they will kick my family too from untied arab emirates.... my family are so religious .. being gay is not a choice !!! they will never accept it ...... guy i need help i need to get asylum or anything like that to Europe or canada i am tired of this ... i tried to kill myself when i was 16 but they caught me and i started to see Psychiatrist to help me get through this depression when i told Psychiatrist about me being gay and this is the cause of depression he said according to them being gay is not a disease and i will give u a choice to see a sheick (sheeick is like a priest or something in Christianity)
    ofc i refused ...... so this is who i am still not coming out in real life ... i wish i can immigrate to any countrry that supports gays:tears::tears::tears::tears:

2. FrenchKid98

First of all (*hug*)
    I'm so sorry you have to live through this.

You said you wanted asylum. From what I have read it is not an easy process but in some countries being gay in an intolerant country is a valid reason for requesting asylum. I am not 100% sure but I think one of those countries is the UK.
    As you are over 18 and a legal adult (in most countries), I believe you can request asylum.
    As I'm only 16 and never been in a similar situation, I wouldn't be able to give you specific advice but maybe someone else on the forum will. I'm guessing you might have already searched info on the internet?

Anyway I wish you good luck (*hug*)

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A terrible situation you find yourself in. If you are interested in seeking asylum in the United Kingdom, may I suggest you contact the UK charity, Stonewall for more information about eligibility and process. Stonewall may also be able to advise how things work within other member states of the European Union. Follow the link: Stonewall

Also, check out the website for the UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group:
    http://uklgig.org.uk/

#3 PatrickUK, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC!

There are several countries that are willing to grant asylum for being gay in an intolerant country. This information is generally available on the internet.

Your challenge will be to find the money to leave...do you have resources or a job that pays you enough to save the money? Are you able to wait a little in order to escape that situation at the end?

5. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    FrenchKid98 thanks for supporting i wish for you good luck too

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2014 at 01:50 PM ----------

yeah this is what i was looking for this kind of charity groups thank you for sharing that with me ....

actually i am saving money and my father is kind of rich i am not that poor ....

i have question if i go study in canada for example with study permit visa , is there anyway i can make permanent resident ??

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2014 at 01:58 PM ----------

thanks for sharing this info with me i really need it .. i will read in this kind of websites and maybe i could get out of this place

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not qualified to answer, but I do know, and I am proud to say that Canada accepts refugees who are persecuted for being LGBT.

If you can, visit our Canadian consulate in Sana'a...

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At a minimum, go study abroad. If your family has the means to send you, which it sounds like they do, that's a great way to start.

8. Saint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People in your situation is what breaks my heart. I am so, so lucky to have been born into a country accepting/ tolerating of homosexuals.

As someone else has mentioned, if you feel at danger, seek asylum. Or, if you're in the position, study abroad -- just get yourself out of that environment. Because in my opinion, a homosexual simply cannot live a safe and fulfilled life in many parts of the world. Not pointing fingers -- Nigeria, Uganda, most of the Middle East, some parts of South America and Jamaica.

Keep us updated.

9. apoptosis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is so sad that young people in some parts of the world suffer like that just because of who they are. At the same time, your story inspires me and makes me grateful for what I have.
    If I was to give advice, I'd say: never rush, don't do anything in hurry. I know the situation you're in is urgent, but think twice before you try to escape. Plan everything out carefully, maybe make a list of what you're going to do. If it's possible, try to part with your parents on good terms. No one in your country needs to know why you moved away if you decide to do so. If you can, I'd advise you to study abroad and try to start a new life there. I hope everything goes well for you. Do not hesitate to write if you want to discuss anything :slight_smile:

10. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your support and i am patient i will not rush to do something that i will regret .. any i read many topics about asylum in canada or other gay-friendly countries and they all need a prove that i am gay or something obvious and they want medical report that prove i got rape or abuse in my country (never happened) i never get abused by people coz i am very straight looking but inside i am gay i dont show my real personality .. i even have fake gf to avoid people talking why he is not interested in girls or talk about them ... i wish i could find the right way soon and get out of this hell i am living in and BTW i dont believe in god this is my first time i say that to people in a forum my family always chaseing me to pray we have 5 stupid prays everyday!!!!!! i dont i fake 2 or 1 one of them just to keep my family calm .. i dont blame them i blame the society that we live in made us like this

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obviously it would appear to be a difficult process, so the suggestion that you leave the country to study is a very good one. Once in that other country, you can inform yourself about seeking asylum in that country.

I have found some of the information you may need to prove your case.

From this paper:

http://www.rainbowwelcome.org/uploads/pdfs/English - LGBT Know Your Rights 2009.pdf

This is what you have to prove for refugee status:

The last part I bolded may be difficult to prove, I can foresee that your partners in your country would be more than reluctant to come out just to prove that you are gay. So you need to think about what you need to do to "prove" being gay...

12. AKTodd

If you're studying abroad for several years there are a lot more opportunities to make friends, contacts, and maybe even a boyfriend or partner who can all attest to your gayness. Basically go abroad and then work on the seeking asylum part.

Todd

13. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks this is my dream !!

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2014 at 12:13 AM ----------

no one knows i am gay so this means no prove ? ofc i cant tell my parents or any friends to witness i am gay .. but maybe if i go study abroad and make gay friends they will help me out with that ?

14. Sek

Sek

Wow.. I got emotional reading this. It's such a tragedy. Please promise me you'll follow the advice of the other forum members and get yourself out of that situation!!

Wishing you serious luck and love, and I wholeheartedly hope you can find a way to be free to follow whichever path you wish to follow. All the best. <3

15. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you and i swear .. seeing you people caring aboutt my situation make me happy and i almost cried i never felt this way before

16. Sek

Sek

I'm glad you're feeling happier. :thumbsup:

Please be reassured knowing there are people out in the world who will support you. The LGBT community can be really strong at times since we have to support each other. I've personally pledged to never refuse help to a member of the LGBT community because lord knows we need to be strong to tolerate some of the absurd treatment we receive.

<3

17. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Dude, remember that the application process is just that , a process. It's done through the local embassy where locals also work (أنهم يحبون القيل والقال) . If you're prepared to wait with the possibility of people knowing before you leave , cool. Just think it through . Have you ever considered emigrating to another country before a western one ie, Egypt , morocco , Jordan?
    Not ideal but safer for you while you're potentially "out there" during the waiting period.
    And FFS , don't listen to the psychiatrist and say something to any mullah or sheikh. Like the locals they also ^^^ what I said up there .
    Salaam

18. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    umm i am confused do u want me to get out from UAE TO another arab country do u know how many gays have been arrested in Egypt for example ? and we arab contries hates each other i cant just go to egypt i have to deal with security and visa and all this stuff its not a solution for my problem ... and they speak arabic ? or have u been in uae coz it seems u know

19. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey - welcome to EC
    It is heartbreaking to know what you and others go through in your country.

I do think studying abroad is a very clever solution. You can get an excellent career qualification at a university .. and you get a life !!!

There are a few EC members from UAE, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt. I hope you can meet some on this site. You can get a lot of advice from EC friends and support on EC when you need it. It is very therapeutic being a member here !!!! (*hug*)

20. sucidesilently

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you and i wish i could really get a life someday and live with my partner who loves me ... :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2014 at 01:21 AM ----------

thank you and i wish i could someday get a life and live with a partner who loves me ::slight_smile: