1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NewGirl24, Oct 9, 2014.

1. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was going to wait until Saturday (national coming out day) but I was feelin extra ballsy I guess and told my best friend tonight. I felt like I was going to throw up. She was cool with it like I knew she would be and she asked me some questions. I don't want it to be awkward between us. How do I not be weird about it?

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats !! I am so glad you were able to do it I am still trying to get the nerve up to come all the way out

3. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Nice! There's one gigantahumungous step taken :grin: Definitely could relate to the "about to throw up" feeling. So many people being worried that things will be awkward between them and their same-sex friends now, it is essentially the same sort of relationship as if your friend was a boy. There's usually no romantic awkwardness between people of the opposite sex unless there is some huge misunderstanding, so it should be the same for you two

4. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congats! Im so glad that it worked out good between you guys. always a plus when that happens (!)

5. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In class today I saw her for the first time since I told her and it was definately awkward. I didn't know if I should bring it up or not or thank her for being understanding. I also want to tell some other friends, but I don't have the same trust as I do with the friend I already told. So... What now

6. TheStormInside

I would say if she was totally fine with it you don't need to let it be awkward. Just go on as though everything is normal, because it is! If you want to bring it up, bring it up. If not, don't.

When I came out to a couple of friends the first time I saw them again I felt really awkward, too. I felt worried they were viewing me differently, or that they might feel uncomfortable, despite them telling me that it doesn't matter. But since then things have been basically same as always.