1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too far, too soon? (Need help!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MsEmmzy, Oct 9, 2014.

1. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I'm glad to be back on EC! It's been a couple of months.. Anyway, I need some help!

Now a quick intro: Hi, my name's Emma and I am a pre-op MtF transgender. So far, I'm out to my mom, my sister and a couple of friends.

Anyway, I really want to come out to my dad. I've tried to tell him a few times now, but my lack of courage always forces me to shut my mouth before the topic can leave the tip of my tongue. (By the way, I'm also working on my writing for English class lol!)

I've been crossdressing (privately) for a couple of months now. I feel a lot more comfortable and confident while wearing girl clothes. So the main point of this post is: should I ask my mom about crossdressing openly while at home? (For context, my dad works from 1-10 pm, so I don't see him during the week).

Now in a more perfect world I wouldn't have to worry about it. Obviously, the answer would be yes, I should. But this is not a perfect world. First of all, although I've told my mom and sister that I'm transgender and want to live as a girl, it's still an awkward topic that hardly comes up. I also feel my mom doesn't really take it seriously, as I never really bring it up. (Again it's a fairly awkward topic.)

So to summarize, I want to openly crossdress at home to help boost my confidence and eventually come out to my dad. The main question? Do you think it would be pushing things too far, too soon if I asked my mom to let me wear girls clothes at home, given our current uneasyness about the topic?

Sorry about the super long post, but it's been a while! Thanks in advance for any and all help. :slight_smile:

2. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i dont think so. i mean, its supposed to be about u feeling more comfortable in ur own skin,right. well, wearing the girls clothing boosts up ur confidence, and makes you feel better. i would just tell ur mom that. most parents are going to want what is best for their kid, and that is what is best for you at this point in time. so i would say that it shouldnt be too much of a problem, if any at all. not sure how much this will help, as im not trans, but hopefully it helps a little bit

3. KaydenWidz

The only problem I see with this is him coming home early one day and then bam it's in his face and u have to come out to him on the spot.

4. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help.. I'll let you know what happens :slight_smile: