1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have i made a mistake?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BisexualFish, Oct 12, 2014.

1. BisexualFish

So i was on the topic of gay with some friends i have recently started to hang out with / get close too. i decided it was a good moment to tell them that i am bisexual as they all seemed pretty positive on the subject. When i said it, they didn't make a big deal out of it but i could tell it was awkward. I wanted to tell them because i don't want to hide it anymore and if i get a girlfriend i don't want them to be all 'you lied to me' or 'i didnt know you were gay' and then have to make a big deal out of it. i want it to be expected?

How did you come out, are you fully out? and have i made a mistake?

Hugs and kisses (*hug*) (&&&)

2. KazeKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First, it's never a mistake to be honest about who you are! I'm glad they were positive about it, definitely makes the experience a whole lot better. Having friends you can be yourself with is always great!

Any friends who I have come out to, kind of already knew. So it was more them saying I was a homosexual, then saying it myself.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No I do not think it was a mistake ,if they are your friends they will understand and stick buy your side :slight_smile: Be strong and congrats we are proud of you !!

4. apoptosis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You definitely didn't make any mistakes. Even if things seem awkward for a while, just think - wasn't it awkward for you when you first had the idea you liked a girl? Give your friends a little time to get accustomed to the new situation and I'm sure they'll like you no matter what. Congratulations on being true to yourself and others.

5. BisexualFish

Thanks everyone, i feel a whole lot better about the situation, they're all treating me the same. I'm so happy. this has given me the courage to come out to more people . <3

6. The iD

I give you props, being in this age group and coming out to some people, I could never do that. Good job!

7. clovis

Congrats to you... its a big step... you have done the right thing... and as many have said and will continue to say "if they change and start to treat you badly, they were never good friends to begin with' Great job!