1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as a goal

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theMaverick, Oct 12, 2014.

1. theMaverick

Well...another National Coming Out Day has come and gone without me...coming out...

Honestly, until this week, I hadn't even thought about coming out to anyone other than the people I've already come out to (which to be fair, is not an inconsequential amount of people).

I'm out to my sister, my cousin, my girlfriend, and a small handful of friends.

Anyway, I've decided that after talking to my sister and my girlfriend and a couple of friends that I want to be completely out by or on National Coming Out Day 2015. I'm still a little nervous about the prospects, but I don't want to keep hiding my sexuality, even if I'm dating a woman.

2. Tardis2020

Do whatever makes you happy. And if you want to come out on national coming out day then do, but if you don't, don't force yourself.

3. Blossom85

I think that when you are really ready, you will know.. I am not ready to be out fully, but I knew when I was ready for my mum to have that proper confirmation. You don't need national coming out day to come out, so don't feel you have missed an opportunity, you just take your time and let yourself do it when you are fully ready for it.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with prior posts, no need to set a deadline, as that may only heighten your anxiety. You have done the hardest part of coming out to yourself and to your close circle of relationships. Do it when it feels right to you.