1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lando, Oct 12, 2014.

1. lando

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yesterday I told my friend I was going to call her later in the night. I was of course calling to come out to her. I literally looked at the contact information on my phone for 30 minutes before I got the guts to call. When I did though it was so hard to say, I stuttered when i tried to say gay (i-im-i-i-im gay). She was very accepting and I appreciate that she continued to talk to me for the next 2 hours just about normal things, made me feel like I was just the same Landon she knew before. Well, when my mom gets back in town i'm coming out to her and then hopefully I get the balls to come out to my dad.. Any advice on coming out to your whole friend group? -im getting pretty sick of some people in my friend group making gay jokes so I want to come out soon.

2. Blossom85

That is wonderful, congrats on making it through coming out to your best friend. I wish I could give you some advice on coming not to a group of your friends, but I just think the only think I could say would be, stay open, honest and don't apologize for who you are, but don't feel you need to come out to all of them until you are ready.

3. tyuiop97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me the easiest way to come out to the rest of my friends was to just get it over with through Facebook. If you're ready for that, and you'll be safe, I definitely say you go for it. If you don't want to rip off the band-aid, you can continue through your inner circle of friends until you are ready. Either way is totally fine :slight_smile: Unfortunately I can't really give you much advice on your dad, but just remember your own safety and make sure you're ready. Good luck!

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that is great news I am glad for you !

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! It does get easier each time you discuss with someone.

6. lando

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks I appreciate it

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2014 at 05:45 PM ----------

:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2014 at 05:46 PM ----------