1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just told my best friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Glalie, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just texted her about 20 minutes ago. She hasn't responded and I'm scared shitless right now. If I can get some positive reinforcement that I did the right thing, that would be the best. :icon_redf :tears:

2. Tardis2020

How could it be the wrong thing? Wouldn't it be more wrong for you to hide who you are? Once you are ready to come out then you should. You definitely did the right thing. Keep us updated.:thumbsup:

3. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She texted back with a pretty good response! She says in honesty that she hasn't really agreed with the "lifestyle," but she values our friendship too much to ever let it come between us.

Given that she's a pretty devout Christian, that is an awesome response in my book! Hopefully, I'll be able show her, in time, that it's not a lifestyle or a choice. But the fact is I'll be able to, because she still wants to be my friend, and that's the most important thing to me! :slight_smile:

4. Blossom85

That is wonderful news, glad she is at least being accepting of you and supportive even if she doesn't agree.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    congrats I am so glad she is able to still be your friend !!

6. BlackSwan

That's great!! congrats :slight_smile: hopefully with time, she will understand that it completely normal.

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that was very brave. The good news is that as you and her continue your friendship, and she gets more comfortable with it, she to will then respond to friends in a positive manner, and so on, and so on.

8. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your responses! Today was the best day I've had in a while, emotionally speaking. I'm not sure how the rest of my close friends are going to take the news, but knowing that I have my best friend on my side makes things so much better!