1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iiimee, Oct 12, 2014.

1. iiimee

Hey. I am iiimee, and I am new to this site. I am about fourteen... and I found out I am transgender. I have considered myself a boy secretly for years, but it's hard to admit, especailly when I am at this age. I come from a religion where being gay or transgender is looked down upon, and that is mostly my fears. I don't want to leave my church, but I have to express myself eventually. I thought maybe waiting until I am 18, but it seems too long to wait.... Also, I like guys still.
    My godmother is a firm believer, and I follow my church besides this one thing... she'd cry if she found out. Do any of you know how to deal with this? I don't want to go to some offline therapist, and I thought it would be easier talking anonymously, where I might not be judged as harshly. :help:

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to the group :slight_smile: I understand where you are coming from with the religion part I came from a hard core religist family , I dont know what to say other than if you need to talk or just somebody to listen I would be glad to do it I am here anytime you need :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2014 at 07:02 PM ----------

Maybe just do not push the issue with the family and just move ahead slowly with everything and who knows maybe they will come around and you will have worried for nothing :slight_smile:

3. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u said that ur family belongs to a church that looks down on gayness and transgender, but do u know what their individual views on it r? i know some people that belong to a very traditionalist church, but they dont agree with their vies on gayness. it would help knowing their independent views on it completely. i saw that u said ur godmother would crie, but u didnt elaborate much as to y that is. but just take ur time coming out, and only do it when ur ready. good luck

4. iiimee

Thank you. My faith is very united, so all of us usually share the same view... I feel scared knowing I am against my own religion right now. My godmother likes gays and lesbians, but she'd never accept them. She didn't even go to the wedding of her gay nephew, whom she practically raised. I'd want to stay in the church, but at the same time, I don't think I'd be able to if they found out.