1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways to Come Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Twexey, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    Only 7 people know about my gender identity and I was wondering ways to come out. I don't want to be too serious about it, I mean, I guess it is a serious thing but I'm not a very serious person so I was wondering if anyone had any funny ideas of how to come out as genderfluid to my friends (not my family, that'll be serious). Anyway anybody got any ideas besides hang-man or baking a cake? Thanks.

2. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    this is a bit late but, here's a few ideas off the top of my head:
    1. make a t-shirt that says your genderfluid, and wear it when your out with your friends one night
    2. Facebook it (if your comfortable doing that)
    3. invite people over and tell them your having a genderfluid party.. haha i honestly don't know lol
    4. tell a knock knock joke. "knock knock" "who's there" " your genderfluid friend"

honestly im no good at this haha. but just be creative, and have fun doing it! good luck.(*hug*)

3. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    XD Those are actually really good. I like the knock knock joke cuz I'm master of bad jokes and puns and that was perfect.

4. BRBT

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are the best person to decide how. Text may be seem a whimpy way, but the best if you simply cannot get the words out over the phone or in person. Defiantly tell them, I would say; I heard about the "I'm Gay" cakes but it wouldn't be my way of doing. Being asexual, I would think, most conservative people are okay with as well, asexuality I thing is alot easier to deal with than homosexuality. You need to take into account whether they will be supportive, or the opposite, though, be careful. You seem to know your stuff, you I think will know best.:slight_smile:

5. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm always open about my asexuality, but I've gotten crap for it though. My mom doesn't believe in asexuality, she always just says "wait....does that mean your lesbian???" and when I re-explain for the 5000th time she say "Pfft, just you wait." Which is kinda rude....but anyway my asexuality isn't what I worry about, I worry about my genderfluidity...and asexuality isn't easier to deal with than homosexuality. But I'm not gonna get into that argument right now.