1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay, But not

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by string3343, Sep 26, 2008.

1. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it weird that I know that I am gay, but I don't always think of myself as being gay? Like whenever I see my orientation status on ec I think that it looks strange, and whenever I see someone who I think may be gay I feel slightly awkward.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No not at all. Your still very young. There's no need to label yourself as one thing or another. Find out who you are and when you do be comfortable with it. It may be weird at first seeing the word "gay" as your orientation but that's only a word. Don't let it get to you. :slight_smile:

3. MeskElil

It's not weird. It's, as Gerry said, the product of being so young. I feel the same way quite a lot. The key is to go with your heart and not your head or labels--because your heart is where it counts.
    Don't feel the need to label yourself. Not to sound cheesy--but let your heart be your guide.

4. riddlerno1

Actually age may play a role but im 25 and i feel exactly the same way. I think alot of it comes down to the time of acceptence of sexualitly and those initial feelings that something has shifted in levels of acceptence. For me i kind of switch between feeling very positive about being gay and then feeling like maybe i dont want to label myself as gay as it doesnt still feel righ. Does that make any sense?

5. partietraumatic

i don't think its anything you should worry about. there is no need to stick labels on yourself until youre sure they are the right ones. I had the same thing for a while. Its really on recently (as in like a month maybe) that i dont feel a little odd saying im gay. i often had little weird moments where i suddenly said to myself 'wow im gay....' lol. but it went away after a while, as i became more comfortable with what i had realised and accepted it more :slight_smile:

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yeah thats how I used to feel still do a bit though, i think its normal

7. Absentminded

I still feel the same way from time to time, but as MeskElil said, follow your heart. And don't label yourself, it can get you hurt.

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with everyone else, you can label yourself but is it something you really need to do just now? You have your whole life to see who you are, just take life as it comes and you'll be fine.
    Someday you'll realise who you are and then the labels can be stuck on, but at 15? Nah, I'd give it a year a least; hang around here for a while, that what we're here for!

I think maybe you're still getting used to the fact and it hasn't completely sunk in yet. I've recently turned sixteen and it took me four days to put two together: me + birthday + Happy 16th cards = 16 year old me!
    I know, bad example to compare to, but that's what I think. You can't rush time.

#8 Rosina, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008