1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness At Night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chaz, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Chaz

It seems like now every time it gets dark outside..I start getting really lonely/depressed. I don't know what it is honestly. I've thought everything from hypocondria (which I have) all the way to just being afraid of the dark..But I think it's just because I don't really have anyone to talk to that's human..I don't have friends that are accepting of gays..So sometimes I feel really alone, even if people are there.

I also don't think i'll be able to find anyone that I'd like around where I live anyway. I live in a town of 3400, in the middle of rural Illinois. This part of the state is DEFENATELY not gay friendly. I'm more than likely the only gay person in the entire county. And the nearest good size town is over 20 miles away. I do have a car, but I cannot find a job so gas is way too high to go all the way over there. Any advice would be greatly appriciated ^-^

2. Wall

Wall Guest

First of all, describes me exactly. Your probably thinking your alone in a giant world of people who are against you. You feel so alone because of the situation with your friends. By the sound of it no one you know is close enough to you that you could really actually relate to, no one to accept who you are. It 99% of the cases, that's wrong. I could tell you will get through this easy, but you won't, its like your walking through Hell's Never Ending Highway, you see no escape, but you just want out. But I tell you this, fight through it, and eventually, to reward you for fighting through all of hell, God will bestow a gift apon ye, a great friend, and then things will start to look up, you life will get better, but getting there, its going to be hard as hell, but in the end, you will be happy you went through it. Why? Because thanks to your hard work, you got the grand prize, a bestfriend, who won't judge you for who you are and who will make your life shine. Until then, EC is here to help you on the way, and so am I :wink:

Like I said, work hard basiclly. Get enough money, go to where you heart calls you, go somewhere big, somewhere you feel like you belong. It will take time and effort, but it will be worth it at the end :slight_smile:

3. Chaz

Reading this makes me feel 100x better..A boost of joy xD.

That's pretty much EXACTLY how I feel : /. Thing is, It's gonna be really really hard for me to get a job because I don't really...Have friends. Yeah, I have a couple people I hang out with, but the people working at the places I do can keep me from getting hired, and mask it with some BS excuse..It's been explain to me 3 or 4 times how it can work..and i've sent in a Job application to every single place there is to work in this town. : /

4. riddlerno1

Have you considered that it could also be something called Seasonal Affecttive Disorder (SAD) which is tied in to these feelings of lonliness. A great deal of people start to feel down/depressed when winter, darkness comes along because of the abscence of light. This may also be playing in parallel to the feelings of lonliness that u are describing. By no means am i a medical doctor either so if it isnt that then please ignore. But maybe you could vist your G.P and ask their advice too.

5. Wall

Wall Guest

Got and idea for you, go see the manager directly, tell him/her your interested, complement him/her (NOT A FLIRTY WAY... yet) assure him/her you will work hard, hand him/her your resume and shake his/her hand and walk away. Go there dressed nicely, make a great impression. Also make an appointment with a GC at your Highschool. GC is a Guidance Counselor who can help find you and job and go into a more detailed chit chat about how to get these jobs.

Just by chatting with you hear I can tell your a great guy, and I know if you set your mind to it, you can't fail :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

#5 Wall, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  6. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

i live in a huge city and still feel alone :-/

7. Chaz

I'm really, really shy when it comes to that kind of stuff though. I feel like I'm egging them on when I do it x.o. And I don't talk very well with people I dont know >.<

8. Wall

Wall Guest

If getting a job is important to you, then just pack up some courage and do it :slight_smile: You can't live your life properly if you don't do whatcha need to do from time to time :slight_smile:

As a quote from Alan Cohen:

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

Get out there, get courage by doing something your believe is courageous, like going face to face with the manager, and asking for a job. EVERYONE deserve a job, some people don't get one until to late, because they won't pack up the courage to do it, and some never do and end up on the streets, do you want to be like them? Or do you want to be as big time as lets say, Bill Gates, got to work designing that pretty early, and look where he is now!

Its all up to you to choose what path you want to walk down.

And if you want to have a full out covo with me, feel free to PM me with your MSN/Yahoo and I will more than willing to help :slight_smile:

9. Chaz

I'd love to, but I can't seem to find your email.

10. Wall

Wall Guest

Oh and im on right now, and will be for a while :slight_smile:

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spy wth my little eye peeps breeaking the rules by poisting msn addreses. castration timeeeeeeeeeeee.

behaveeee. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Wall

Wall Guest

*denies everything*:eusa_liar Umm. Lets all just blame Paul. He lives all the way in the UK, he cant catch me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    best idea i have heard all day. :grin: just blame the admin bint. :sunglasses: :grin: