1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he know I'm gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Oct 17, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A conversation with my friend who is also gay but ive ever really come out to him..

Him: what's wrong with straight boys?
    Me: a question I ask myself every day
    Him: that's why you're only friends with gay boys
    Me: *laughs* that's actually kind of true
    Him: that's why I'm only friends with gay boys
    Me: yeah
    Him: and lesbians *reaches toward me*

Does he know I'm gay or was the gesture at the end just a coincidence? We have kind of a funny/sarcastic friendship if that makes any difference. And he's asked me if I'm gay before/made comments about it as a joke and I've never denied anything..so?
    And if he doesn't know, how can I let him know without it being a super serious, awkward moment? Cuz I'd like to be out to him but idk how to make that happen. Thanks

2. CrazyAwkward

The gesture could have been a coincidence. Or he might suspect you're gay. Next time you hang out ask if he has any celebrity crushes. Then share yours if you've got any. That could be a good way to clue him in without making it a big deal.

3. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he definitely suspects it, especially because of what you said about straight boys. It pretty much gives it away.

Why would it bother you if he knows though? I think he'd accept you anyway, and if he's a good friend who cares about you, then it shouldn't matter.

4. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care if he knows and I'm sure he would be accepting too, I've just never told him directly so I don't know for sure if he even knows or if that was just a random thing he decided to do (cuz that's his personality type.)