1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to lgbt group and met a cute... umm... guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I've been to my local lgbt youth group several times lately and met lots of really nice people. The last couple of times I've gone I've met this one boy about my age who I feel attracted to. So... that's a bit complicated. I don't really know what to do. Nothing I suppose... just get to know him better and see what happens. I just feel like a doofus :grin:

But I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I'm very aware of the fact that I'm still working things out, so I'm just gonna get on with life and enjoy whatever happens. Anyway... so, I don't really know if I'm asking for advice as such... I'm just feeling quite confused at the moment and I appreciate being able to tell you all about it. It's quite ironic and annoying actually... :icon_redf Can any of you empathise? What makes it even wierder is that I don't know where he stands... whether he's hard-line gay or whether he might conceivably reciprocate.

What a mess! :lol:

2. Wow. thats the first time I've heard of a situation whether someone is trying to figure out if someone is attracted to the opposite sex or not lol. Well, you know, its an LGBT group, so he could be bisexual....

Good Luck XD

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that sounds complicated, that's like the 1 thing I never want to happen to me. But yeah, I stand by the saying, sexuality is fluid, so if you like him, great. :slight_smile: No judgements. Just go with the flow, darlin'. Love knows no gender.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Thanks, both of you. I just feel pretty mixed up because I haven't had a crush on a guy for ages, not since I realised I liked girls. Basically, I have no idea what my feelings are. What a little confussel-pot I am >.<

5. Miles D

Well, one problem I can foresee is you telling him how you feel and him being taken a-back because he is most likely (but not for sure) gay, and/or struggling with attraction to guys (just like you, but opposite) and he might get freaked out...
    ... but best case scenario he is some form of bisexual and you guys will be adorable together :slight_smile:

6. Sam

Sam

funny enough I've done the same thing. I think that sexuality can be either a permanent thing or something that can change throughout a person's life depending on the person and circumstances.

Actually strangely enough I find that sometimes I'm attracted to some gay guys and I don't know why.

take the time to get to know him and if you find that you really like him then thats ok don't feel bad about it. It doesn't matter whether you are bi or lesbian because you are the same person you have always been. Labels are stupid anyway. So have fun and don't worry.

Just keep in mind that he is probably confused and going through the same thing as you so go slow and take the time to really figure things out and make sure you talk to him.

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Ummm...that's rather ironic...!! Erm, well, I have no pearls of wisdom, but you do have my sympathy...just when you think you have everything all sorted this happens! And it's complicated by the circumstances you met in...

Well, he's clearly questioning his sexuality on some level, but as you say, it's difficult to know whether he's "hard-line gay" or bisexual or flexible or unsure or whatever unless he actually tells you. Which sounds simple enough - you somehow start talking about these things - except that a) talking about stuff with other people is difficult and b) he may not know whether he's totally gay or not. It's difficult because you potentially have the problem that even if he is bisexual and likes you (say), he may not want to admit it, it having been so hard to come to the conclusion that he's gay... ahhh!

What you really need is straightdar........

Yeah, you'll just have to play it by ear, but definately let us know how it all goes! I actually think that gay/bisexual men are very attractive, and that it can work if you're both bisexual, as then you "get" the whole bisexuality thing.

But the irony if you did get together...a straight couple formed from an lgbt group...I can see how this was totally not what you were expecting!

But seeing as you have a crush on him, and I think you're able to accept that (as in, that you may be bisexual), I wish you luck :slight_smile:. And keep us updated as to your feelings and/or progress with him (should anything happen).

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile: I know you went through all this confusing crap, ccdd... so thank you very much for the support (*hug*) I'll keep you updated. I have no idea how all this will pan out. bleh I'm just trying not to overanalyse things too much, as is usually my wont.