1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh my god i dont know waht to say

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Sep 27, 2008.

1. hoping

The guy i really like he um just told me that his mum is terminally ill with cancer and his brother has cancer too and i dont know what to say, cause its just something that ive never had to deal with before and if i talked face to face to him and looked into his amazing eyes id probably start crying cause hes the most incredible guy and he doesnt deserve this and i want to be there for him but i cant find the right words.

2. Wall

Wall Guest

Sometimes you don't need words, instead you need actions. Be there for him, hold his hand, be his shoulder, sometimes people don't want words, sometimes they just want to be held. Basically, just go with your gut. If your gut tells you to say something, say it! If your heart tells you to do something, do it. Its going to be hard no matter what, but if your not there for him, who will he have to make him stay strong?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You don't need alot of words. Just tell him that you will be there for him through this horrible thing he is dealing with. Don't pretend to understand what it is like because absolutely nobody knows what that is like until they have gone through it themselves. Did he say what kind of cancer they have?

4. Noah

be there for him

5. W F I II

W F I II Guest

OMG!!! I know how that is, my friend told me that her aunt was dyin and i was like oh sit that sucks but i didnt say that to her cuz i mean i didnt know wat to say, its just a rreally awkward situation and its never a fun one.

6. Amy

Amy

yea, deffintly dont say "o shit, that sucks"

all you can do is be there for him. hug him. help him.

do you know any of the details?

(*hug*)

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say, "I'm so sorry." You hug him, and tell him to let you know if there's anything you can do. And then be an ear or shoulder for him should he need one.

Lex

8. hoping

No he didnt give me any details but he said his brothers cancer is different from his mums and god that his father killed himself cause he couldnet deal with it.

9. EM68

My dad and my brother had cancer at the same time. Thank god they are both better. My brother had his thyroid removed and my dad finished his last round of chemo on Friday. He probably feels overwhelmed right now. Just be there for him. Like Becky and others have said there isn't a lot of words to say. Hold his hand and give him a shoulder to cry on.

10. Fiorino

Oh-wow.
    I agree with what everyone else said, be there for him.
    And we're here for you too, of course.
    (*hug*)