1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coreyjazz23, Sep 28, 2008.

1. coreyjazz23

So here's the situation:

My best friend and I have been friends for about a year now, and I've been attracted to him since the day I met him. He is the best friend ever, because he helped me come to terms with my bisexuality (he is bi as well) as well as always being there when i needed someone to talk to. I was there for him too. But just the other day, I was over at his house, and I decided that I needed to tell him how I felt. It took me a while to say it, but once I finally said "I love you", it felt as if a weight had been lifted off my chest. He listened and then said the one thing that shocked me so much..."I love you too".

The problem is, he's in a relationship with a girl and they've been together for a couple months. He told me he loves me and he wants to pursue a relationship with me...but he can't let himself think like that at the moment. He wants to act on his feelings...he just can't do that right now.

So do you think that I should wait for him...or what?

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

HM I think if you feel that hes worth waiting for then you should, but the one thing you defiantly shouldn't do anything with him while hes still in a relationship

3. Louise

It is good that you have both been able to be honest with each other. I do believe that it is possible to be in love with two people at the same time. What you have to do is decide how you are going to react to this. In everyone's interest it would be better if you step back and let him sort his relationship out with his girlfriend and once he is free you can act on your feelings, anything else is just going to be messy and end in heartache... normaly for everyone involved.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>The problem is, he's in a relationship with a girl and they've been together for a couple months. He told me he loves me and he wants to pursue a relationship with me...but he can't let himself think like that at the moment.

Meaning what, exactly? If he wants to pursue a relationship with you, that's great - he needs to break up with the girl. But if he's unwilling to do that, then I wouldn't bother waiting for him.

Lex

5. acorn7

It seems obvious to me he would break up with the girl if he loves you... Can't really love 2 people at once. Problem solved :slight_smile:

6. coreyjazz23

ok, so update...he called me today and asked if I still wanted to pursue a relationship. I told him yes and then we met up and he tookme to a nice restaurant and told me that he was sorry that it took him a couple days to settle the situation.

7. Chris

AAWWWW! I love happy gay moments! I want a boyfriend so bad, or even a girlfriend, i'm not that picky! I'm very lonely!

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has he broken up with his girlfriend? For reals? Then you're set. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. coreyjazz23

yep, for reals

10. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Thats great congrats, Im glad it went well