1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a new life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by billie1, Oct 21, 2014.

1. billie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have been considering coming out to my family, for a few weeks now,
    My sexual thoughts have been about girls, since i was young, they take over my brain, im a slave to their beauty. i get nervous when i want to speak to a girl who i think is pretty and i could have feeling for, i can never seem to say exactly how i feel,
    but my only serious relationship has been with a guy, for 6 years i might add,
    i had fun with him and we made each other happy for most of the time but i could never see a future with him sometimes it felt like i was using him to cover up my secret of liking girls,
    i would use alcohol and drugs to mask my true feelings, afraid of loosing my job and friends, witch i have lost anyway because of drugs
    but ive been living at home sober for 5 months now, so going well with that,
    i have recently come out to my best guy friend, but now im finding myself wanting to close up on him causes ive never told anyone about it, how am i ever going to come out to my family, i know they love me and support me, but i don't know what they will be like when i let them know im gay.

2. Eli98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know what it is like for you at home or anything... It is up to you whether you tell your family or not... or anyone for that matter. You should take your time in telling your family. I know that I'm not telling my family anytime soon. And in regards to your friend maybe try just to relax round him spend time with him doing something that doesn't involve thinking too much and perhaps soon enough you and him (depending on how he reacted to you telling him) will come to terms with the fact that you told him you are a lesbian. You may just need time. Don't feel pressurised into telling anyone anything you don't want to tell them.
    Congratulations or being sober for five months. thats awesome! Good luck with everything :slight_smile: