1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saying no?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beth, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Beth

how would u go about that?
    i know u shudnt lead anybody on
    but ive just got to uni & i'm loving the attention i'm getting in gay bars in a city.
    thing is i seem to attract clingy ones.
    i mean one of them has txted me none stop & ive replied twice,just simple things like yes i got home ok & yes my mate is alrite
    i know it makes u sound like a slag,but u do go to places, dance with someone, kiss someone, then u go home & they probably dont cross your mind again except when telling tales of the night before
    then this other girl came up to me & was really going for it wanting to meet up
    so my new flatmate at uni said "seriously!beth!tell them no!"
    but like,how?!
    if someone comes up "u dont mind if i talk to u for a bit do ya?"
    oh yes actually i do mind u talkin to me
    but since when did talkin to someone mean i will now stalk u forever and ever?!(ok,a wk lol but u know)
    argh i dont know
    its just,i wana kiss some girls when i'm out
    & its hard when someone says heres my number,can i have urs
    errrrrrrrrrm

& i like the attention cuz ive never had it before but i dont need random girls txting me 24/7 when ive done nothing to make them think theres anythin more than a dance & a kiss & cya later

am i being horrible?:dry:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>my new flatmate at uni said "seriously!beth!tell them no!"
    but like,how?!

"Sorry, I've decided I'm not interested."

>>>i like the attention cuz ive never had it before but i dont need random girls txting me 24/7 when ive done nothing to make them think theres anythin more than a dance & a kiss & cya later. am i being horrible?

Kinda.

If you're going to dance with a girl, kiss her, and give her your cell phone number, you are in essence saying "I am interested in getting together with you." If you don't want anything to happen, you need to make that clear at the outset. You need to say, "I don't give out my cell number, because I'm not interested in anything other than having some fun tonight." Yeah, that'll probably mean less kissing, but it's up to you if you'd rather deal with that or the nonstop texting.

Lex

3. Jamey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah...don't give out your phone number if you don't want the night's activities to lead to anything. As for the whole "stalking" thing, just be friendly. If they ever start hinting at a relationship, just tell them that you're not looking for one.

It's not like you're the only girl who is out there just to have fun. And I disagree with Lex, you're not really being horrible. Horrible would be pretending you're just as interested in her as she is in you, and then telling her you want nothing to do with her.

4. littledinosaurs

I would just not give it out, theres nothing worse than someone who has your number and won't leave you alone.